PDA

View Full Version : Hyperon Question

Russity
06-13-2008, 05:25 AM
To all you Hyperon clincher owners out there.

I have a pair of the tubs and they are just the best wheels to race the hills on.

I have always wanted to get a set of the clinchers too, but my experience with carbon clinchers has always been the same.....really grabby and juddery. I've had both Reynolds and Corima carbon clinchers and both stuttered under braking. I know why this is and have come to expect it from a carbon clincher, becasue the rim blows out slightly under pressure, but I was wondering if you guys have the same thing with the Hyperons???

It's a lot of moolah to shell out to get the same annoying ride. I can go get a set of Shamal Ultras or Neutrons for half the price and save myself the agg, but I really fancy the Hyperons.

Any feedback is, as always, most gratefully received.

If you've got a pair of the clinchers you want to let go, give me a shout, we may be able to do business if I'm convinced it's the way to go??

R.

jimcav
06-13-2008, 09:54 AM
but also the pads will vary things. I also have corima winiums (actually sold the hyperons). i get more stutter with yellow swiss-stop than with corima cork pads, and also if you set the toe in on the brakes i get less, regardless of pad.

good luck
jim

Russity
06-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks Jim,

I have had exactly the same thing with the Swisstop yellow pads. I've had them fuse to the rim on one occasion. The best I've found so far are the Zipp carbon/Aluminium pads. I've been using them for some time now and are passable for the stutter.

Thanks again.

Russ.

but also the pads will vary things. I also have corima winiums (actually sold the hyperons). i get more stutter with yellow swiss-stop than with corima cork pads, and also if you set the toe in on the brakes i get less, regardless of pad.

good luck
jim

jimcav
06-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks Jim,

I have had exactly the same thing with the Swisstop yellow pads. I've had them fuse to the rim on one occasion. The best I've found so far are the Zipp carbon/Aluminium pads. I've been using them for some time now and are passable for the stutter.

Thanks again.

Russ.
ended up renting my house as it did not sell, so i guess it was the right thing to do, but i really liked those wheels.

jim

flux
06-13-2008, 06:21 PM
too easy.

Louis
06-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Justin, dude, We love you!!!

Louis

ergott
06-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I know why this is and have come to expect it from a carbon clincher, becasue the rim blows out slightly under pressure, but I was wondering if you guys have the same thing with the Hyperons???
R.

What pressures are you talking about? I've used Reynolds clinchers and had no issues with brake pulsing. I run about 100psi. and have gone as high as 110psi.

Avispa
06-13-2008, 10:49 PM
I have been using my set of Hype's for about 8 months... They have been just marvelous in every aspect. As a matter of fact, I even had to do some emergency braking a couple of times.

I have always used the Campy pads, though.

..A..

jimcav
06-14-2008, 01:35 AM
I have been using my set of Hype's for about 8 months... They have been just marvelous in every aspect. As a matter of fact, I even had to do some emergency breaking a couple of times.

I have always used the Campy pads, though.

..A..
breaking hyperons is a tragic thing

jim

Avispa
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
breaking hyperons is a tragic thing

jim

Me, I am a millionaire... I brake my hyperons every day! :D :D :D