PDA

View Full Version : Chain Love Bummer

itsflantastic
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
It's my sister-in-law's bday tomorrow.
I'm building up her bike as a present.

Chain love had a good deal on some decent new wheels.
I ordered them, 3 day shipping. They showed up today and are Shimano compatible, not campagnolo like a specified.

They don't have a phone # on their website.
I sent them a few emails about it.

We'll see what happens.

bummer

mjmcgee
06-12-2008, 05:24 PM
"you can place an order by calling (888) 999-3089"

Found the above on the cart page, after my cookies expired :crap:

Oh, well, guess I didn't need any more new socks!

Mike

MarcusPless
06-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I haven't had any customer service issues to date. So far, shipping has been fast and the order has been correct. Hope it works out for you!

--Marcus

PaulE
06-13-2008, 11:36 AM
It's my sister-in-law's bday tomorrow.
I'm building up her bike as a present.

Chain love had a good deal on some decent new wheels.
I ordered them, 3 day shipping. They showed up today and are Shimano compatible, not campagnolo like a specified.

They don't have a phone # on their website.
I sent them a few emails about it.

We'll see what happens.

bummer

I ordered the Shimano compact crank yesterday because they said included the bottom bracket and at that price it was a no-brainer. It's still a smokin deal without the bottom bracket and I'll keep it anyway, but here's the e-mail they just sent to me. Hope they work out your problem too. Maybe they can give you a credit and you can buy a Shimano compatible freehub?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your order!

This email is in regards to the Shimano America Ultegra Hollowtech Compact Crankset. Unfortunately there was a discription error and this item does NOT come with the bottom bracket.

We have already refunded you $10 for our mistake, brining the cost of the item to $117.50. The credit should post on your VISA within the next 3-5 business days. (If you are returning the item, the remaining amount will be credited upon processing the return)

If you would still lke to return the item feel free to contact us either by calling 1-800-409-4502, clicking the "Live Help" link, or by replying to this email and we will be more than happy to email you a UPS return label so that you will not have to pay for return shipping. I am terrible sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any questions or concerns about your order please do not hesitate to contact us at the information above. For your records your order number is xxxxxxx. Thanks again and we will see you when the next killer deal drops.

Thanks,

Bryan K. - ORA
Outbound Resolutions
(800) 946-5824

ChainLove.com

ss-jimbo
06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I got the same email about the bb, and I'm annoyed. A Shimano bb is much more than $10.

PaulE
06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I got the same email about the bb, and I'm annoyed. A Shimano bb is much more than $10.

It's around $30 from probikekit.com, depending on the level you chose, still less than $40 for Dura Ace and they don't charge shipping either. But they will also offer a full refund and send a prepaid shipping label. And I paid about $170 for the last one of these cranks I bought without a bottom bracket.

csm
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
think you'd have issues like this at your lbs?

false_Aest
06-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I hope those shorts I ordered come with the chamois advertised....

MilanoTom
06-16-2008, 08:10 AM
think you'd have issues like this at your lbs?

Well put. I guess it ends up being a price vs. screw-up-risk analysis. Some times it seems worth it, some times it doesn't.

Regards.
Tom

stormyClouds
06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Hopefully just an honest mistake, but seems like a bummer that they just pick a random (and low) number of $10 to credit for the BB.
Looks like they are gambling that most won't hassle with sending the crank back for a refund.
It is still a good price, but they won't be around long if they continue to deal in that manner.
I once bought a used cross frame with several build parts (not a complete bike). As I am waiting for the frame and parts, I got a partial refund from paypal. Then an email comes from the seller saying that he wasn't sending some of the parts (that were paid for as part of the package deal) because he determined that he needed them for his new bike. I guess he just assumed that I would be cool with the value that he thought the parts were worth separately. What a crappy way to do business.
If the deal has to change after payment, the buyer should be contacted to discuss the details before assumptions are made on values of pissing parts.

Hank Scorpio
06-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Sort of unrelated but I bought a wetsuit off of whiskeymilitia.com. This is the same company's site just featuring surf/ skate product. The one pictured was a much more expensive model but when it arrived it was a different suit than was pictured. They returned it no problem but I think they have issues with many of their items.

false_Aest
06-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Man,

I'm really tired of seeing LX front derailleurs, that saddle with the bag attached to it and the same Northwave MTB shoes . . . . c'm on people go buy this stuff and help us all get to the good stuff....

PaulE
06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
For me the $10 on the bottom bracket was fair enough, but it was their unilateral decision. The LBS would not make this mistake, but then you're paying full price for the service.

The red Castelli long sleeve jersey looked pretty good yesterday. It does seem like there are a lot of reruns on things they should be sending over to Nasbar's closeouts if they don't sell out after posting 2 or 3 times at most. Otherwise it will become a who cares site.

csm
06-18-2008, 07:09 AM
I've been a big fan of their "parent" site steepandcheap. got some real deals on stuff I had no idea I needed!

itsflantastic
06-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I am a huge customer at my lbs. They didn't have any campy wheels, and these were an awesome deal.
When I called them, all they could do was offer to give my money back because the campy ones were sold out. They wouldn't offer any other wheels at the same price.
It's OK though, I got a sweet pair of wheels from a forumite instead.