PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes a PLAIN BLACK 1-1/8th Headset?

trophyoftexas
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I need a threadless 1 1/8th plain black headset...NO painted lettering, imprinted lettering is ok....anybody got any suggestions?

trophyoftexas
06-12-2008, 07:45 AM
...cause someone out there MUST be making something like this and someone on this forum MUST know about it.....thanks!

Michael Maddox
06-12-2008, 07:51 AM
I have an integrated headset that is plain black, with no imprinting whatsoever. I would suggest taking a look at non-retail channels, as I've noticed dealers like Bikesdirect and Pedal Force frequently ship OEM headsets that are sans printing. Alternatively, of course, you could remove the painting from a labeled headset. You'll get a better headset that way.

eddief
06-12-2008, 07:53 AM
My new Volae Century recumbent came with a plain black threadless headset. Probably not the highest quality, but as most things bike, it works just fine without it being a Chris King.

They list a zillion parts in their online catalogue, but not their headsets. They are known to have great service and I am sure if you call USA Toll-Free: 800-233-4340, they could probably help you out.

TMB
06-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Ritchey

djg
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I haven't seen one of these up close, but maybe this will do (ok, there's a logo, but it's relatively inconspicuous):

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Cobalt+C+Direct+Set+1+1%2D8+Black&vendorCode=CRANK&major=1&minor=16

rwsaunders
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't know if ATMO stripped the paint off of the logo or not.

false_Aest
06-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Wasn't Chris King making headsets with anodized lettering (a la RWS' reply)?

They show it for their 1.5" headsets. Call em up if you like the look.

Other options include taking a sharpie to C.K headsets or taking acetone to the branding on other headsets.

RudAwkning
06-12-2008, 11:04 AM
CK don't offer naked headsets anymore. They did it for a while. Then only did it if you bought in lots of 50+. Then discontinued it altogether. Now you only have the option of a white headset with "colored accents".

FSA makes a nice black headset. The Orbit X is very similar in shape to a Chris King. I'll take some acetone to one today and see if I can get the white lettering off.

cadence90
06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
CK only makes those 'subdued' graphic versions (+ their standard one) now; no more logoless.

FSA makes black logoless; as do Tiso (Italy) and Actos (Germany) I think.