PDA

View Full Version : some forum cat you would like to roll with

Fixed
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
bro I will go first .. flydhest ..riding around d,c, with this cat would be too cool
cheers imho... he has been a hero of mine for a couple of years thanks bro

Steelhead
06-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Swoop or NiCrump.

Or you Fixed. :)

vaxn8r
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Dave Kirk, Tom Kellog.

Honestly, everybody here.

William
06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Any freakin one of you! :beer:

Some I already have. The rest of you, call me anytime. :)

William

WadePatton
06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I ain't picky, I'll roll with any of you cats... :bike:

once anyway. :D

Sandy
06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
bro I will go first .. flydhest ..riding around d,c, with this cat would be too cool

Excellent choice. One of the most appealing aspects of riding with Flydhest is that he will ride at your level, even if it is way below his. He will not drop you if he rides with you. Can't say that about lots of cyclists. In addition, he is very skilled in handling his bike and practices safe cycling. He also is more than willing to assist others in improving their cycling skills. In addition, unrelated to cycling, he has an IQ of about 2,000!

We once rode together and unfortunately going down a hill, he hit a slick spot, and went down, separating his shoulder. I went down immediately after him, at the identical spot, in the identical manner. He wound up in the hositipal. I took him. I was tougher, and didn't get hurt....somehow.

Sandy

maunahaole
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
King. Even though King is a dog.

Kevan
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
rolling in slick spots, is all.

I got the feeling everyone was riding with everyone up at the Finger Lakes this summer.

Sandy
06-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Dave Kirk, Tom Kellog.

I was fortunate to go on a group ride once, a few years ago, with Tom Kellogg. Spectrum Bob had a group get together at the time. Other than the fact that he is an excellent cyclist, he, more importantly, is a remarkably humble, genuine, sincere, and helpful person. Quality of his bicycles is quite apparent. Quality as a person is immediately clear as soon as you meet him.

As I recall, he was ridiing a ti/carbon mix with chainstays as big as his arms....

A really nice guy!! In case you didn't know, he was riding a Spectrum....for some reason.... :)

Sandy

Steelhead
06-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I will one day own a Spectrum Ti and maybe when I get the fitting done at the barn, I can ride with TK. :)

ti_boi
06-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I figure most of you guys would be fun...tho Ray might teach you something on the ride....

King
06-10-2008, 04:12 PM
King. Even though King is a dog.

Thank you so much. It is so seldom that humans want to ride with me. I'll bring the biscuits...I mean nutrition bars.... :)

King

Lifelover
06-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I would like to draft behind cowgirl!

a100mark
06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
fixed and justinf

don'TreadOnMe
06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
fixed, flux, and ray (on his fixie!).
and 11.4.
and the jerk, where ever he is.

bigbill
06-10-2008, 05:14 PM
I want to ride with SoCalSteve. I have his old bike so I know that he is at least as big as me if not bigger. I like to draft and usually can't find a good one. I have ridden with LenJ in San Diego and Maryland. He is tall enough for a good draft but he needs to gain about 40# to be really effective.

rsl
06-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I agree, I'd ride with any forumites!

I'm bummed that none of the Boston area rides ever got off the ground while I was there.

Here's to more ride gatherings! :beer:

Len J
06-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I want to ride with SoCalSteve. I have his old bike so I know that he is at least as big as me if not bigger. I like to draft and usually can't find a good one. I have ridden with LenJ in San Diego and Maryland. He is tall enough for a good draft but he needs to gain about 40# to be really effective.

I kind of liked drafting off you & Matt in SD!

I've been lucky enough to ride with more than a few posters from the Serotta Forum at either Smiley's Nottrott, Spectrum Bob's Soup rides, the Serotta Open houses (Both official & Unofficial), some RBR rides & last but not least with SSpeilman who drags me around my former home county in Maryland (& is a pleasure to be with). Not one person of all those I've rode with was not a great person to ride with. I think that the only people that show up to forum rides are those that are genuine & whose forum personality matches their real personality.

I'd ride with any one of them again. I'd also show up for any other ride that I could. (Still thinking about making the 7 hour ride to Ashville this weekend).

len

DRZRM
I'd ride with anyone from this place willing to let me suck their wheel for a bit. Seriously, I was in FL a few weeks back and regretted not having a bike there so I could ride with Fixed.

The rides I've done with folks from here have been great (for me, I don't know about how they felt about them). David, I'm still waiting do ride some trails...call me. :rolleyes:

Bruce K
Hey, you can always come back !!! :banana:

So how does it feel to be a Celtics fan in CA (inquiring minds want to know) ?

BK

Fixed
06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd ride with anyone from this place willing to let me suck their wheel for a bit. Seriously, I was in FL a few weeks back and regretted not having a bike there so I could ride with Fixed.

The rides I've done with folks from here have been great (for me, I don't know about how they felt about them). David, I'm still waiting do ride some trails...call me. :rolleyes:
bro i can get a bike in most sizes I will take a day off work to ride with any forum cat ,...
cheers

DRZRM
06-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah but now I have my travel bike (a Fixed MTB no less, at least when it wants to be, which seems to be all the time), it won't happen again.

:beer:

bro i can get a bike in most sizes I will take a day off work to ride with any forum cat ,...
cheers

Fixed
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
bro you have the best travel bike i have ever seen ..
cheers

SoCalSteve
06-10-2008, 05:56 PM

Thank you, I think...

Steve

Sandy
06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
cheers

Does that include me? I am riding a tricycle with trainer wheels and a fog horn. :)

:) Snail Slow Slug Sandy :)

Bruce K
06-10-2008, 06:43 PM
DRZM;

You know you're welcome up here any time.

School ends Thursday so after that I should be really free and plan to hook up with William at some point (I had thought it would be this week but they needed me in the elementary schools). :banana:

Next Wednesday I am going to NH with a couple of freinds (weather permitting) to do the 4-gap ride. Start at Loon Mt., up through Franconia Notch, over to Bartlett, the on to North Conway, Conway, and back up and over the Kankamaugus Highway to Loon. It's about 80 miles and a fair amount of climbing.

It's not the Copper Triangle, but it will be good training. :crap: :rolleyes: :D

BK

Fixed
06-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Does that include me? I am riding a tricycle with trainer wheels and a fog horn. :)

:) Snail Slow Slug Sandy :)
we will find something for you bro
cheers

bostondrunk
06-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Roy Munson and Climb!

gasman
06-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I'd ride with anybody here. Each person I here that I have meet in person has been a pleasure to ride with. I would love to draft behind some of the big guys here-it would make the ride much easier.
I would like to take King for a walk, or most any dog for that matter.

93legendti
06-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd ride with anyone here. Unless I'm doing intervals, riding with another rider is better than riding alone.

Dekonick
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
There are so many interesting personalities here - I think it would be a joy to ride with any of yall.

:)

quaintjh
06-10-2008, 09:58 PM
You, bbd, swoop, atmo....atmo

PBWrench
06-10-2008, 10:00 PM
It would be my honor and pleasure to ride with any forumite riding any gruppo as long it is Campy. :beer:

onekgguy
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
There are several people here I'd like to ride with...TT, Saab, BB Dave and fixed off the top of my head. I should also include Swoop in my wish-list although I often times found myself put off by some of his posts. He had too many other redeeming qualities.

Kevin g

DRZRM
06-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks Bruce,

Sorry I missed the last ride that involved fried clams, I won't let that happen again. I'm in Newcastle-on-Tyne until the end of the month doing some research (I'll post a ride highlight with photos shortly...I really like having a travel bike) but I'll PM you when I get back.

Zach

DRZM;

You know you're welcome up here any time.

School ends Thursday so after that I should be really free and plan to hook up with William at some point (I had thought it would be this week but they needed me in the elementary schools). :banana:

Next Wednesday I am going to NH with a couple of freinds (weather permitting) to do the 4-gap ride. Start at Loon Mt., up through Franconia Notch, over to Bartlett, the on to North Conway, Conway, and back up and over the Kankamaugus Highway to Loon. It's about 80 miles and a fair amount of climbing.

It's not the Copper Triangle, but it will be good training. :crap: :rolleyes: :D

BK

Sandy
06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Like Len J said, I have enjoyed riding with every forum member that I have met and shared riding. They, for whatever reason, seem to all be so sincere and genuine- helpful too. I would like to ride with most any forum poster, as many have said.

Interestingly, there are several forum members who I have never met, but consider as friends, as a function of shared communications, and my respect for and admiration for them as people- I would like to meet and ride with them- FMS_rider, Mr. President, and dbrk among others.

Sandy

corky
06-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Ginger..... she's smart.

shinomaster
06-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Dave Kirk, Tom Kellog.

Oh bummer we missed Flag day.. My bad.

Tom Kellogg
06-11-2008, 07:10 AM

Bruce:
This is better; The Kank, Bear Notch to Barlett, hang a left and up Crawford, left at twin mountain over Franconia, be sure to take the bike path down, not Rt.93, it is a Hoot, then down to Lincoln, and left again and back into Loon. This time of year Crawford is stunning. Do it!

Tom Kellogg
06-11-2008, 07:11 AM
of you!

Bruce K
06-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks Tom.

This is my first time doing this ride and for some reason, I think we're going the opposite way from the one you describe but on the same loop.

I'll try and remember to bring a camera.

BK

Tom Kellogg
06-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks Tom.

This is my first time doing this ride and for some reason, I think we're going the opposite way from the one you describe but on the same loop.

I'll try and remember to bring a camera.

BK
Bruce:
Not quite. Take a look at a map, when you get to Barlett, your plans take you East to North conway, not West to Crawford. Either way, you will have a wonderful time. The route I listed is the traditional "Grand Tour" that a group does each spring. Kind-o tough, but it does not get much better. The real traditional version starts and ends down in Plymouth, and Kinsman notch is thrown in after Franconia. About 125 miles. A blast!

Bruce K
06-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks Tom. I'll check it out.

We're looking at about 80 miles and I could have the route a little wrong as I have never done this ride before while the others have.

I will definitely post a ride report.

BK

PaulE
06-11-2008, 08:17 AM
At the first Saratoga open house, the 2007 unofficial open house and last year's Rendezvous Chez Keno. Unfortunately family milestone events prevent me from going to either Ashville or the Ramble this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Dirtphalt will work for me.

Would love to ride with everyone here. A "Fantasy Peleton" for me would have to include among others, Andy Hampsten, Big Mac, Boston Drunk, Chunk 666, David Kirk, DBRK, Dnovo, Fat Robert, Fixed, Jerk, Ti Designs.

Ray
06-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I've ridden with a bunch of you at a couple of DC gatherings and the Finger Lakes Ramble in '06 and enjoyed the lot of you. But I wouldn't hang these days - my current riding seems to be limited to tooling around town on my Bleriot townie, usually with panniers full of stuff. When I get on my 'real' bikes, its starting to feel like a foriegn experience, which bums me out, but it seems to be happening naturally, so there it is. So I think I should ride with Ken Robb. We're both old IBOBs who migrated over here and it sounds like our riding is getting pretty similar these days. More practical, slow cruising around with our heads up. In street clothes. Transportation and light recreation, but not obsessive anymore. Just can't seem to manage it.

-Ray

goonster
06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Someday I want to ride with Too Tall on the Goon ride. :beer:

Tom Kellogg
06-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Someday I want to ride with Too Tall on the Goon ride. :beer:
TT is the best, slow, fast or anywhere in between. He's your guy.