PDA

View Full Version : pave vs. turbo

Fixed
06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
bro i got a fizik pave saddle on a trade ..thought i give it try.. so i took off my nice turbo and rode the fizik ..well it didn't cut it or well it felt like it did
so turbo going back on.. it is much better on me ..

maybe you need to wear bike shorts with the newer style saddles but a rolls and my turbo i can ride all day on .. imho
cheers

Pete Serotta
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Even with bike shorts the TURBO is hard to beat...... :cool:

regularguy412
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
IMHO, the newer style saddles are sacrificing padding in the interest of weight savings. The newer style shorts put more padding in. So the padding has just shifted from saddle to shorts. In some ways, this is better. The newer style chamois seem to be designed to move with you and not slide against your skin. The older style chamois didn't have much padding and were made to slide.

I'm like you, fixed. I prefer the less padding in the shorts and more on the saddle. At least my Descente shorts don't seem to be too diaper-like. When I wear older style shorts on my new saddles, I can sure tell it.

Mike in AR:beer:

zmudshark
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Turbo, an old Avocet RIII (Turbo clone) or a Regal are my faves, not in that order.

rwsaunders
06-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Speaking of less padding, where do you find shorts that still use thinner padding? I have an older pair of Giordano's that just fit right and have the older style of chamois. The newer "blue pads" are tough to get used to for me.

michael white
06-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I tried the pave too, didn't like it

rode a turbo today. great saddle. why are saddles going backward in evolution? I don't get it.