PDA

View Full Version : ATMO, alive and well in Loudon County Va.

Smiley
06-08-2008, 12:29 PM
The man is doing well and selling his wares at the fairgrounds. T-shirts are in stock, frames are 60 months out :)

FMS_rider
06-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Has he taken a year off his wait list by not posting?

sjbraun
06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
You can waste a lot of time contributing to internet forums.

Oops, I resemble that remark

mike p
06-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I always wondered about that. I waste alot of time on the net and I'm not on near the sites E-ritchie is. I always thought he could build a ton more bikes if he stayed off the computer. But maybe being active on the net is part of the reason he has such a long wait list. He's very entertaining, bright, and well-versed in all things velo. Not to mention he builds a hell of a bike! I'm sure there are alot of fine builders floundering out there for lack of clientele, maybe they should waste time on the net.

Mike

You can waste a lot of time contributing to internet forums.

Oops, I resemble that remark

Pete Serotta
06-08-2008, 06:39 PM
He works longer and harder than the vast majority of us. Since his Studio/Workshop is in his home he is able to take a break and go riding, posts, eat dinner etc.......He has a long wait because he has a product that others relish. Except for paint, he does it all.

The question I would like to ask is why should he work more hours than he is. The wait is what it is - hell I would like a pair of hiking boots from Lemmer but wait is over two years.

We all need a life beside e job. If Richard expanded his operation or outsourced, it would be less a SACHs in my single opinion.

Can we give him credit for what he does, instead of teasing (hopefully) about his love of people he meets and becomes friends with via the forum.

THANKS

mike p
06-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Boy Pete, I didn't mean to imply e-ritchie was a slacker. Totally the opposite I think he's shrewd, focused and loves bikes and people. I'm a fan!

Mike

FMS_rider
06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
He works longer and harder than the vast majority of us. Since his Studio/Workshop is in his home he is able to take a break and go riding, posts, eat dinner etc.......He has a long wait because he has a product that others relish. Except for paint, he does it all.

The question I would like to ask is why should he work more hours than he is. The wait is what it is - hell I would like a pair of hiking boots from Lemmer but wait is over two years.

We all need a life beside e job. If Richard expanded his operation or outsourced, it would be less a SACHs in my single opinion.

Can we give him credit for what he does, instead of teasing (hopefully) about his love of people he meets and becomes friends with via the forum.

THANKS I have to confess that I was trying to lure him out of "retirement" with my smart remark about the wait list. He has spoken eloquently about this issue on several occasions; here's one (#212): http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=26772&page=15&pp=15 .

I MISS YOU E-RICHIE!

Lew

shanerpvt
06-08-2008, 07:35 PM
YO........i rolled with a e-RICHIE water bottle today to pay tribute to the master. i hope to get on the list this year.

come back RICHIE!

shaner

rounder
06-08-2008, 09:07 PM
If i was gonna get a bike built from scratch with a reasonable wait, my first choice would be an e-ritchie with a david kirk as second choice. Either one would be great.

shanerpvt
06-08-2008, 09:09 PM
If i was gonna get a bike built from scratch with a reasonable wait, my first choice would be an e-ritchie with a david kirk as second choice. Either one would be great.

lots of great builders, but i agree. i recieved a kirk this spring and couldn't be happier.

Pete Serotta
06-09-2008, 06:01 AM
I figured it was teasing BUT with the internet, others might get a different opinion. (Yeah I like him LOTS as a person and for his skills secondly.)

Boy Pete, I didn't mean to imply e-ritchie was a slacker. Totally the opposite I think he's shrewd, focused and loves bikes and people. I'm a fan!

Mike

Smiley
06-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Gotta to give the man props for coming to a hot sweaty barn to sell his wares when he has a +5 year wait list. U don't do that unless u'r hungry for more work.