PDA

View Full Version : Calling RitaAnn

Ginger
06-08-2008, 11:08 AM
RitaAnn

I know you are the queen of all alternative saddle options...

Have you seen this one and what did you think of it when you tried it???
http://www.allaysaddles.com/img/line/c2.gif

http://www.allaysaddles.com/line/racingpro.htm

Anyone else?

ti_boi
06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Does it come in a ribbed version?

regularguy412
06-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Man! That's a looooooong saddle. Most men's saddles fall in the 270-275 range. Most women's a full cm shorter. It would be interesting to try it.

Mike in AR:beer:

RABikes2
06-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, Ginger, I didn't try that saddle, so no opinion from experience. I read through the website and the removable, inflatable air cushion and the pronounced support for the "sit-bone comfort zone" was interesting. Not sure if they'd be good features or not without trying the saddle.

For me to continue to ride, I'm unable to use a traditional saddle or any saddle that resembles one with the nose and midsection. Testing bikes with regular saddles at the shop is the limit for me.

I test noseless saddles.

The first (nameless) noseless saddle I rode and tested for 2006 (a little over 7000 miles) ... it about mentally and physically did me in. It was nothing short of brutal. :crap:

Thanks to Kathy Krumme, my name got to NIOSH, and Dr. Schrader put me in touch with Jim Bombadier, the designer and owner of BiSaddle. I've been riding the BiSaddle since March 2007 logging close to 11,000 miles and it's working well for me. I had it on my Legend for about 8 months, but was then given a shop bike, a Trek WSD 5.0 Pilot, and it's been on it since. I have total balance, no excessive upper body pressure on handlebars, can climb, descend, and corner. I've tested it with distance rides up to 375 miles (600k brevet), many, many century rides, and in every type of weather condition except snow (including a tropical storm) and in temperatures ranging from 20*-105*. Any issues I've encountered has been from permanent damage and not the saddle. I credit the BiSaddle for keeping me on the bike. http://www.bycycleinc.com

So, sorry I couldn't be more helpful ... back to the issue ... anybody tried this saddle?

Ritaann

William
06-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, Ginger, I didn't try that saddle, so no opinion from experience. I read through the website and the removable, inflatable air cushion and the pronounced support for the "sit-bone comfort zone" was interesting. Not sure if they'd be good features or not without trying the saddle.

For me to continue to ride, I'm unable to use a traditional saddle or any saddle that resembles one with the nose and midsection. Testing bikes with regular saddles at the shop is the limit for me.

I test noseless saddles.

The first (nameless) noseless saddle I rode and tested for 2006 (a little over 7000 miles) ... it about mentally and physically did me in. It was nothing short of brutal. :crap:

Thanks to Kathy Krumme, my name got to NIOSH, and Dr. Schrader put me in touch with Jim Bombadier, the designer and owner of BiSaddle. I've been riding the BiSaddle since March 2007 logging close to 11,000 miles and it's working well for me. I had it on my Legend for about 8 months, but was then given a shop bike, a Trek WSD 5.0 Pilot, and it's been on it since. I have total balance, no excessive upper body pressure on handlebars, can climb, descend, and corner. I've tested it with distance rides up to 375 miles (600k brevet), many, many century rides, and in every type of weather condition except snow (including a tropical storm) and in temperatures ranging from 20*-105*. Any issues I've encountered has been from permanent damage and not the saddle. I credit the BiSaddle for keeping me on the bike. http://www.bycycleinc.com

So, sorry I couldn't be more helpful ... back to the issue ... anybody tried this saddle?

Ritaann

My Cuz is hardcore!!! She logs more miles in a month than most do in a season.

Go Cuz Go!!! :cool:

William

PS: Have no experience with saddle mentioned by the OP.

Ginger
06-09-2008, 08:20 AM

I test noseless saddles.

Ritaann

Ritaann
I'm so glad to hear that you found a saddle that works for you! I remembered the first saddle you were on and I remembered that it wasn't optimal so I've been keeping my eyes out for all things "different" in the saddle world for you.

Good to hear you're on the bike!

Mary Ann

RABikes2
06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for continuing to look for alternative ideas, Mary Ann. It's funny how at the bottom of your posts you have written, "Box? What box? There's a box?"

For years I've sought out those in the cycling industry who are able to "look and think outside the box", since finding an appropriate saddle was essential to my continuing cycling. It might not be what's always been, but it's what works that counts. ;) There are many cyclists who are less likely to speak up about saddle problems they encounter ... it's nice to hope some of these ideas might encourage those who fit "outside the box" to stay on their bikes!

I appreciate it MA! :)

RA

Cuz William ... you're the best Big Guy. :D