PDA

View Full Version : Big Step as a Commuter - Bailey Super Pro

caleb
06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
For 15 months I've been riding my bike to work. The bike has been a dedicated commuting rig with a rack and panniers.

I've been thinking that I should start riding my race bike for commuting (the bike can come inside) so that I can use the time as training.

Carrying stuff has been my biggest obstacle to using the race bike as a commuter.

A couple of minutes ago I pulled the trigger on a Bailey Works Super Pro (http://www.baileyworks.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=2). Hopefully it'll be all I'm hoping for.

I'll report back when I get it.

jthurow
06-06-2008, 03:29 PM
The Bailey bags look really nice. Why can't you train on your commuting rig?

jimi

keevon
06-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Congrats on the bag purchase. Bailey's are nice.

I've commuted for four years with a midsize Crumpler messenger bag. Lets choose any bike for the commute, carries everything I need, stays comfortable. I've never commuted with panniers.

Although when things get hot I get a lot of back sweat from the bag and a sweat stripe across the front from the strap. Somebody should design a stand-off messenger bag with a ventilated strap :cool:

Fixed
06-06-2008, 06:16 PM
bro don't judge it by one ride it might take a few rides to get comfy with it imho
cheers

Ginger
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Somebody should design a stand-off messenger bag with a ventilated strap :cool:

that hovers over your bike as you ride so it doesn't add any weight and doesn't cause any wind drag on you and the bike either...

capybaras
06-06-2008, 08:43 PM
that hovers over your bike as you ride so it doesn't add any weight and doesn't cause any wind drag on you and the bike either...

Exactly! Like the back seat of my car.