PDA

View Full Version : Super Record 11 speed

davidlee
06-04-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=/tech/2008/news/06-04

there its is..
Where do you upshift on that lever? I'm wondering on the new DA too?
Are they robbing the SRAM double-tap technology?
Looking closely at that Campag pic i can't see a thumblever.
Thoughts?

david

steelrider
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Not as elegant as the old, but still better looking than the competition.

mosca
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
That's the electronic lever. Looks like you just push on that lump on the side:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/apr08/rvv08/tech.php?id=/photos/2008/tech/features/flanders_tech108/Campy_e-Record_two_buttons

The new DA is supposed to work the same way as the old.

Lots of new options coming soon, hope to try them all!

Tobias
06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
That's the electronic lever. Looks like you just push on that lump on the side:If so, it looks easier from the hoods. I'm not sure how you'd do it from the drops.

davidlee
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
SO the new super record is electric? Thats a big mistake for campag IMHO. Electric shifting has got to be the biggest waste o' time in a while. The cable need not be replaced there.
And on the new DA , darn if i can see how the entire Brake lever moves to downshift.

WadePatton
06-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Another reason to ride fixed--one gear out back, deal with it.

and no batteries/toxic waste.

And don't flame on me I know the racer-types have to clickity clickity, but geez man where does it end? Gimme 47 gears and I'm still not beating any real rider with t-e-n. Yeah 2x5.

bye now. I'm going back into my retro-hole.

;) ;) ;)

shanerpvt
06-04-2008, 10:15 PM

i saw a cool set up the other day.......a bike friday 2 speed.........double up front and with a single cog in the back...........pretty cool.........a travelin 2 speed.

cheers,

shaner

Ahneida Ride
06-04-2008, 10:38 PM
With 10 in the back, I already can't tell which cog I am in ....

But the lever look nice .... Got some real estate to grip ..... ;)

stuckey
06-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Damn I hate the look of those levers and the 11 speed idea in general. I will continue to stock up on ten speed stuff.

mosca
06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
If so, it looks easier from the hoods. I'm not sure how you'd do it from the drops.It looks like it would be about as accessible from the drops as the current thumb lever.

And on the new DA , darn if i can see how the entire Brake lever moves to downshift.You can kind of see it here:http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=542199&postcount=25

ThasFACE
06-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Campagnolo apologist here, so the 11 speed if motherfu*^ing genius!

That said, the new hood shape hurts my brain and I really really hope that the alien look is exclusive to the E-Campy...

Dear Campagnolo,

Don't get ugly.

Love,
Joe

fierte_poser
06-04-2008, 11:32 PM
The Campy article also mentions 2 new tubeless wheelsets for 2009. Thats the news I'm most excited about!

soulspinner
06-05-2008, 04:34 AM
Damn I hate the look of those levers and the 11 speed idea in general. I will continue to stock up on ten speed stuff.

10 speed till Im dust...

ericspin
06-05-2008, 05:05 AM

and no batteries/toxic waste.

And don't flame on me I know the racer-types have to clickity clickity, but geez man where does it end? Gimme 47 gears and I'm still not beating any real rider with t-e-n. Yeah 2x5.

bye now. I'm going back into my retro-hole.

;) ;) ;)

+1 :banana: :banana: :banana:

RPS
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
And don't flame on me I know the racer-types have to clickity clickity, but geez man where does it end? Gimme 47 gears and I'm still not beating any real rider with t-e-n. Yeah 2x5.I hope most of us already know that for many riders an 11th cog is more want than need. ;)

Tests suggest most riders have the capacity to develop power at equal efficiency over a wider range of cadence than most of us like to admit. Close ratios feel good (and I like them as much as the next guy) but are not as beneficial as we think; although it helps justify buying new toys.

Regardless, for a given cassette range going from 10- to 11-speed will likely only eliminate one two-tooth jump. For me personally it doesn’t fall under need -- may not even be on my Christmas wish list.