PDA

View Full Version : The FIXED appreciation thread

rphetteplace
06-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok everyones been bitching and whining about who's not here anymore, but be thankful that one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with is still around. A week or so ago FIXED posted that he had a nice 7402 Dura Ace crank and that he was willing to work out a trade. Well he sent me the crank without even having the trade worked out and they were great. Well FIXED today I paid it forward and sent you back a nice box full of goodies. I hope you enjoy thanks bud.

taylorj
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes---FIXED rules. I don't even know him, but the sunshine he spreads is awesome. He rejects all negative comments and sees the sunshine. :banana:

rwsaunders
06-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Ok everyones been bitching and whining about who's not here anymore, but be thankful that one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with is still around. A week or so ago FIXED posted that he had a nice 7402 Dura Ace crank and that he was willing to work out a trade. Well he sent me the crank without even having the trade worked out and they were great. Well FIXED today I paid it forward and sent you back a nice box full of goodies. I hope you enjoy thanks bud.

+1. Fixed's posts always make sense.

Ray
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Fixed is the heart and soul of this joint. Let's be real sure NOT to take up a collection to buy him a bike though!

-Ray

Louis
06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Let's be real sure NOT to take up a collection to buy him a bike though!

Yeah, that was a weird episode in the life of the forum. :no:

mikki
06-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes---FIXED rules. I don't even know him, but the sunshine he spreads is awesome. He rejects all negative comments and sees the sunshine. :banana:

Yes, Fix has often been the balance on this forum. And I think that there is still alot of knowledgeon this forum; some new folks that only lurked before and that are now posting. As Martha Stewart says: "and that's a good thing"!!

dannyg1
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah, that was a weird episode in the life of the forum. :no:

What'd I miss? Sounds dark and dramatic!

Danny

14max
06-03-2008, 06:10 PM

ericspin
06-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Fixed is a real bro. He and I live probably 5 miles apart and do you believe we haven't even met face to face. Hopefully this Sat., the local fixie crowd is havin' a alley-crit (yeah, I said alley-crit). Bro, we just gotta do it.

He is a good egg!

Pete Serotta
06-03-2008, 06:56 PM
:banana: :banana: Fixed for Cyclist of the Month :)

hansolo758
06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Fixed isn't just mah man -- he's mah main man.

rsl
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
I'll add to the good feelings. When I first started lurking, Fixed's posts were ones I always made sure to read. Since then, nothing has changed!

jmeloy
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I wrote him a pm once just to thank him for being such a positive contributor. there's no one better!

Redturbo
06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
FIXED :beer: FIXED :beer: FIXED :beer:

PBWrench
06-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I believe that Fixed should keep clear of Kryptonite.

legacysti888
06-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I really <heart> his Kirk Pacenti. :p

flickwet
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
The forum is now?

brians647
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
The forum is now?

Correct. As long as he's on it.

The man's a genius. He says a lot in few words. The opposite of me!

shanerpvt
06-03-2008, 09:43 PM
remember when Fixed sold a bunch of spare parts at Christmas & gave the dough to charity............the dude's all heart.

heres to you bro
:beer:

shaner

MilanoTom
06-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I've run across very few with as much heart.

Regards.
Tom

girlie
06-03-2008, 10:16 PM
good is good.

shinomaster
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Fixed is all that is good in man and messenger.

KeithNYC
06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
FIXED is pretty much the reason I've been lurking here for a year and half... A great man and a poet, too. :cool: :beer:

06-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Has anyone MET Fixed? I only ask because he once started waxing about his bike and it was so eloquent -- completely different from his normal "bike messenger" style. I start to wonder whether his usual syntax is just for show and he's actually an investment banker who likes to low-key it. Nice guy either way. And for being "just a bike messenger," he really has great taste in bikes.

rustychisel
06-04-2008, 12:20 AM
True 11.4. He does play it enigmatic, doesn't he.

+ 1 though. We like your online persona Mr Fixed.

shinomaster
06-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Has anyone MET Fixed? I only ask because he once started waxing about his bike and it was so eloquent -- completely different from his normal "bike messenger" style. I start to wonder whether his usual syntax is just for show and he's actually an investment banker who likes to low-key it. Nice guy either way. And for being "just a bike messenger," he really has great taste in bikes.

Yeah...I noticed that too. Maybe he is famous like Robin Williams?

Redturbo
06-04-2008, 05:54 AM

I've met and rode with Fixed. He could be a banker if he wanted to.

Fixed
06-04-2008, 07:00 AM
thanks bros the forum has given me more than i can ever give back
imho thank you
cheers

hansolo758
06-04-2008, 07:02 AM

I agree. There's also the snippets of Latin that come out of nowhere. I've told Fixed via PM that I suspect he's either a lawyer or a college professor of antiquities who is a bike messenger because he's quit the rat race or because bike messengering is what he does his spare time. Either way, as I said before, he's mah main man.

oldguy00
06-04-2008, 07:10 AM
I agree. There's also the snippets of Latin that come out of nowhere. I've told Fixed via PM that I suspect he's either a lawyer or a college professor of antiquities who is a bike messenger because he's quit the rat race or because bike messengering is what he does his spare time. Either way, as I said before, he's mah main man.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091814/

39cross
06-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Hats off to you bro, you bring some virtual FLA sunshine everyday.

93legendti
06-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I like Fixed.

bobscott
06-04-2008, 07:29 AM
I want to be Fixed...but he is a really hard act to follow.
bobscott

rphetteplace
06-04-2008, 07:42 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091814/

ARE YOU SAYING FIXED IS REALLY KEVIN BACON????? COOOL :banana:

Erik.Lazdins
06-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Fixed says more with fewer words than anyone I've read - he is brilliant - his posts are a destination every time I log on.

DRZRM
06-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I would have answered sooner, but I'm traveling and don't have 24 hour access to the internet. Fixed is really the heart and soul of this place. Once when we was selling some tires I wanted, he sent them to me and told me to make a $20 donation to a local food shelter. I volunteered in a food kitchen that X-mas in his name...well memory...and I think of his kindness often. I always try to follow his example when I have some part someone needs that's not really worth much to me. I like to "donate" gear to the the forum.

:beer: Bro.

Tom
06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I suspect the guy does for a living what he says he does for a living but some people are not defined only by what they do for a living. Some people think just for the enjoyment of it.

jrmerson
06-04-2008, 08:32 AM
fixed is
go fixed go
thanx fixed :banana:

Fixed
06-04-2008, 08:34 AM
bro when I was a kid i use to swim and the feeling of water moving next to my skin was something I liked .. the feeling of moving through the air with only your bike the air against your skin it is a tonic for me as i bet it is for you
we share a love for this feeling and the machine that makes it happen .. we are brothers .. ..imho
cheers

thwart
06-04-2008, 11:44 AM
the feeling of moving through the air with only your bike the air against your skin it is a tonic for me as i bet it is for you Well said.

More wisdom from you. Please keep it up!

Acotts
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I bet fixed has a very smooth pedal stroke.

Your_Friend!
06-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Friends!

If Anyone_Here

Deserves The_Accolades

It Is Certainly_Fixed!

I Consider Him

My_Friend!

Love,
Your_Friend!

SoCalSteve
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Fixed,

I feel we go way, way back...I missed you when you were gone all those months and actually wrote a thread asking where you were...

I am sure you have more smarts and street sense than all those "high zoot" lawyers that you work for.

Only the best to you and your family,

Steve

M.Sommers
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Just so you know, I've had deep, short conversations with Fixed and it turns out that Han Solo is his hero. And Othello. He has much man-love for Han. :rolleyes: Bros, Fixed is Fixed is Fixed; it's great to see his consistency in a crazy universe. He offers Latin or English, but in any language it's simply and very often empathy he delivers. He'd lend you a tube, his frank hand and his impressive heart.

Act III Scene IV

Before the Castle...

Desdemona - Well, my good lord.

Othello - Give me your hand: this hand is moist, my lady.

Desdemona - It yet hath felt no age nor known no sorrow.

Othello - This argues fruitfulness and liberal heart: Hot, hot, and moist: this hand of yours requires a sequester from liberty, fasting and prayer, much castigation, exercise devout; For here's a young and sweating devil here,
That commonly rebels. 'Tis a good hand, A frank one.

Desdemona - You may, indeed, say so; For 'twas that hand that gave away my heart.

Othello - A liberal hand: the hearts of old gave hands; But our new heraldry is hands, not hearts.

For Girlie:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:uu90i5fNGbkJ:shakespearean.org.uk/oph1-cla.htm+hearts+were+in+hand+shakespeare&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

chuckroast
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Well, I'm not sure I can follow Shakespeare but I too appreciate all that Fixed contributes to our collective bike and life knowledge.

If he really did step away from the rat race good on him, a good lesson for us all.

rounder
06-04-2008, 09:23 PM
wish smooth pavement and instruments that play in tune...go fixed.