PDA

View Full Version : Did Plyometrics This Morning

Acotts
06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
With GRE's comming up and a very hectic schedule at work, i have reduced my time in the saddle for more intense, less time consuming workouts.

This morning I did some Plyometrics for 56 minutes.

i can barely keep my eyes open now. Its amazing how draining some workouts can be. Funny muscles are starting to get sore already. I need a nap and a beer. This is going to be a very long day at work.

Monthly Payment
06-03-2008, 10:05 AM
With GRE's comming up and a very hectic schedule at work, i have reduced my time in the saddle for more intense, less time consuming workouts.

This morning I did some Plyometrics for 56 minutes.

i can barely keep my eyes open now. Its amazing how draining some workouts can be. Funny muscles are starting to get sore already. I need a nap and a beer. This is going to be a very long day at work.

I love plyometrics. Great workouts. Its hard to find the time in the summer with wanting to do so many things, but I'm trying hard to keep plyos in the schedule myself.

Good luck on the GREs.

M.Sommers
06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Do em' harder, you shouldn't be able to do them for 56 minutes atmo. Explode. Bust your you-know-whats. Great workout if you have cartilage. Do well.

:beer:

Acotts
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
yeah, it is not the standard plyo workout that I had to do for rowing in college, or football in HS.

it is almost a mix between plyo and aerobics, that varies in intensity and very few rests to keep the heart rate up. Lots of funny lookin moves that I would be very embarrassed to be caught doing outside my basement. My heart rate was in Z3-Z5 depending on the set for the whole hour. Its not quite low-impact, but it is certainly not as high impact as the stuff the foozeball coach made me do when I was 16.

it is actually from the P90x workout system that I am sure many of you have seen the infomercials for. I will say that as a 27 y/o triathlete, cyclist, weightlifter, and extreme jump roper, I have not been able to successfully complete a single p90x workout as of yet. They are brutal. The Plyos have been the worst so far.

I let you guys know if i am busting "Xtreme Eight-Pack Abs!!!" by the end of my 90 days. All I know if that it is now 2pm, and I am still kinda tired from this mornings workout. My boobs also feel like they are petrified and will fall off later today after doing the 300 pushups the workout asked for yesterday morning.

p.s. i am still commuting to work and i still do a long ride everyweekend. I am supposed to do sprints this afternoon, but i think that I will be napping instead.

-A

Acotts
06-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, all this talk is making me tired. I think I will be ducking out of the office early to go pack some clothes for a business trip. (see action shot.)