PDA

View Full Version : If it wasn't right in front of Lock 8, I'd probably go back and steal it

Tom
06-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Leaving town today entering the segment of the bike path that runs along I-890 I notice a sign affixed to a post.

There's an outline of a bicycle and written below it:

"CYCLISTS YIELD TO PEDS"

I want it.

barry1021
06-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Leaving town today entering the segment of the bike path that runs along I-890 I notice a sign affixed to a post.

There's an outline of a bicycle and written below it:

"CYCLISTS YIELD TO PEDS"

I want it.

LOL, a classic!

William
06-01-2008, 06:52 PM
A picture is a must!!! :banana:

Close...

http://www.trafficsign.us/100/reg/r9-6.gif

William

William

rounder
06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I read in the Post today that they are gonna start giving out speeding tickets to cyclists who exceed the posted 15 mph maximum. Seems unusually harsh on those who insist on riding carbon with light weight bits.

Louis
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
A few weeks ago while out on a ride I noticed up ahead, just over the crest of a little hill one of those portable radar detectors that flashes the speed so the drivers can see how much over the limit they happen to be doing.

When I was about 50 yards away a car went by and so the display read 48 (or something close to that). Then, as I got closer, sure enough, it read 11 (remember, this was cresting a hill). Then, as the grade decreased and finally went negative the display increased to something around 20, and then I was by it. For whatever reason I thought that was pretty cool.

Tom
06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
It's funny what tricks memory plays on you. After seeing it once in a glance I distinctly remembered the text as I wrote it above but this morning I went by there again and saw that the sign is exactly like the pic you posted.

Ozz
06-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I read in the Post today that they are gonna start giving out speeding tickets to cyclists who exceed the posted 15 mph maximum. Seems unusually harsh on those who insist on riding carbon with light weight bits.
My favorite guys are the tri-geeks in full aero tuck on their bars....at 10:00....Saturday morning.....on the bike path.....wearing ear-buds...dodging the in-line skater moms pushing strollers......not. :cool: