PDA

View Full Version : Bikeless!

Frank
05-29-2008, 10:33 PM
The Schwinn Paramount went to be with its new owner today, so I am bikeless. Not that I have been riding it (or any bike) in the past several months, but it sure seems strange not to have it sitting in the garage. Also kind of different knowing if I did want to ride I can't just grab it and go.

I am not sure what willl rekindle my desire to ride (have been doing lots of walking in the quiet neighborhood in the evening, sometimes even getting my 13 year old daughter to set the cell phone down for a while and go with me!) but I expect some day that urge will return.

Louis
05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Frank,

Do you still think about bikes, or is that going away too?

Walking is fun, walking with your teenager (I would imagine) would be quite rewarding, but cycling has so much neat stuff to offer. Without it there would be a big hole in my life.

Louis

Blue Jays
05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
One shouldn't leave themselves homeless, bikeless, carless, or motorcycleless without a secure backup plan to acquire a home, bike, car, and motorcycle in short order.
Good luck with your plans to refill the stable. :)

Ray
05-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Wow! My riding is waaaaaaay down, but I can't see myself going bikeless. I still hop on my Bleriot to run errands and still do the occasional 30-40 mile ride on one of my two road bikes. And even hop on the fixie from time to time. I've been doing lots more walking, running, weights, etc and much less biking for reasons I think we've all been through. But I can't see not having the option to hop on a bike. I hope I never get there. But, hey, to each their own!

-Ray

barry1021
05-30-2008, 06:14 AM
The Schwinn Paramount went to be with its new owner today, so I am bikeless. Not that I have been riding it (or any bike) in the past several months, but it sure seems strange not to have it sitting in the garage. Also kind of different knowing if I did want to ride I can't just grab it and go.

I am not sure what willl rekindle my desire to ride (have been doing lots of walking in the quiet neighborhood in the evening, sometimes even getting my 13 year old daughter to set the cell phone down for a while and go with me!) but I expect some day that urge will return.you being bikeless is like the Big Mac being meatless or DarrenP (wherever he is)being beerless.One thing for sure, the walks with your daughter are...
Priceless!
B21

Kevan
05-30-2008, 07:54 AM
I believe breathers and distractions are good for my cycling. For me, this year isn't about the miles, the conditioning, or beating on my pals during club rides. I'm feeling strong and have ridden a lot this week, but next week...who knows? Who cares?

CNY rider
05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Frank-pal there are a few goodies in my basement that are under-used and looking for good homes.

If you get the urge let me know.

Michael Maddox
05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Bikeless?

B&! :)