PDA

View Full Version : On Topic: Ride Report 5/29

M.Sommers
05-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I've been off the bike for three weeks. My knee was seriously tweeked and needed rest. The weather was great today, rode from 6-8pm, out to the beach and back. I believe wool socks are the greatest thing, regardless how warm it is and I wear long socks for evening rides as it gets a little chilly (especially when you get the warmth of the sun as the Beach Boys said and then the lights go down).

I was so excited to ride, duh, I left my water bottle at home. I rode five miles, reached down and I thought I must be a complete tool. When I arrived at the beach, they have water fountains and the photo doesn't show it, but the water is light brown and tastes like a swamp. I drank a lot of it, we'll see how things go.

I did one short sprint and it's always fun to pass a car doing 30mph (that's the speed limit out to the beach). I fiddled with saddle position, moving it back 1cm, then 2cm made a huge, positive difference; I tend to weasel the seat forward too much. I've been in denial with saddle position and it's stupid on my part.

25 miles, easy spin, no water, lots of bacteria, organic quiche, coffee, fresh oj juice, stonyfield yogurt for dinner at a LCS (local coffee shop).

I'm back.

fiamme red
05-29-2008, 09:41 PM
I did one short sprint and it's always fun to pass a car doing 30mph (that's the speed limit out to the beach).Was it Jamie Swan in his Subaru? :D

M.Sommers
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Was it Jamie Swan in his Subaru? :D

I wish. I needed somebody to hand me a Floyd Landis Coke.

:beer:

soulspinner
05-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Yesterday with the wind at my back I pass a smart car with two aboard. The lady applauds and at the light says-even better gas mileage than we are getting!-that thing looks like a death trap...

Tom
05-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Actually, those things are way safer than they look. Before my brother bought one he talked to somebody that is from Germany that says they get pounded from time to time on the Autobahn and typically just kind of bounce away from what hits them and the air bags are like a giant cocoon.

I'd seriously consider one for driving back and forth to work, it'd get me off I-90 where any day now there's going to be a 40 car fiery pile up because of the combination of high speed and imbeciles. In my opinion, it's a fine car to pootle in on the side roads.

dookie
05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
that falcon biscuit is the heat!

M.Sommers
05-30-2008, 10:31 AM
that falcon biscuit is the heat!

In my best Han Solo, "I know."

:D