PDA

View Full Version : please read

T.J.
05-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Guys, I just wanted to post this up here just to get the word out. I met Tiago through my coach( who is Tiago's coach as well) . He is a super cool cat and a whale of racer. This is a horrible thing to happen to anybody and i'm sure Tiago could use your thoughts and prayers. Last i heard he now has a trech (spl?) tube in and will have for the next couple of months.

Tiago de Paula Recovery Fund

Tiago de Paula, a local and national Category 1 racer and member of the Aero Cat / Latino Professional Cycling Team, was severely injured around 5pm on May 22nd, 2008, when a car abruptly turned in front of him while he was traveling at a high rate of speed in his warm-up for the opening time trial of the Tour of Atlanta in Buford, GA. Tiago was air-evac'd to Atlanta Medical Center.

In the collision, Tiago sustained multiple facial fractures and is currently in the Intensive Care Unit awaiting the first of several facial reconstructive surgeries. Several of his friends and members of the cycling community are working to raise money to aid his recovery and payment of what will be very significant medical expenses. His cycling team has set up a Riders Recovery Fund to benefit Tiago.

Your help is greatly needed! Anyone interested in donating money can make checks payable to: Latino Cycling Team / Memo: Tiago’s Recovery Fund.

The fund is blanketed under non-profit status and all donations will be eligible for a tax deduction.

If you have any questions or would like to donate money, please send checks to Tiago’s teammate:

Robert McConville
1704 Lord Ashley Drive
Sanford, NC 27330

If have any questions feel free to contact Robert at (919)770-1737 or rmcconnville@schsr.unc.edu

For further information you can view more at: www.outspokinbikes.com.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE FOR AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE!

We sincerely thank you for your support and prayers for Tiago’s recovery.