PDA

View Full Version : Ha!

false_Aest
05-27-2008, 03:09 PM
1) 1k miles on fixed gear this year + haven't ridden anything else in 3.5 years
2) had road bike shipped to me
3) built it up, swapped ultegra 53/39 for fsa carbon 50/36, swapped ultegra brakes for mavic brakes + finished adjusting stuff today
5) 2pm first ride
6) 2.15pm crazy strange to be able to coast and shift gears
7) 2.20 way more comfy than fixed gear (god bless serotta)
8) 20 miles in (and 5 miles from home) THUNDERSTORM.
9) YAY!

Am I the only one that loves riding in the rain?

Delpo
05-27-2008, 03:13 PM
I have lived in the tropics my whole life. I have survived hurricanes, tropical storms, etc...Today during a easy 40 miler I redefined for myself the concept of tropical shower. For 5 minutes I could not see my front wheel. Love riding in the rain? I think not.

Delpo

Fixed
05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
1) 1k miles on fixed gear this year + haven't ridden anything else in 3.5 years
2) had road bike shipped to me
3) built it up, swapped ultegra 53/39 for fsa carbon 50/36, swapped ultegra brakes for mavic brakes + finished adjusting stuff today
5) 2pm first ride
6) 2.15pm crazy strange to be able to coast and shift gears
7) 2.20 way more comfy than fixed gear (god bless serotta)
8) 20 miles in (and 5 miles from home) THUNDERSTORM.
9) YAY!

bro the addition dies hard imho
cheers enjoy the new ride

myette10
05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I have lived in the tropics my whole life. I have survived hurricanes, tropical storms, etc...Today during a easy 40 miler I redefined for myself the concept of tropical shower. For 5 minutes I could not see my front wheel. Love riding in the rain? I think not.

Delpo
I've ridden plenty in PR and the rain coming from the sky isn't the issue, although a strong rain here is a light sprinkle down there. It's the water that has already fallen that you have to worry about in PR... especially the stuff bubbling up through the sewer covers. Yuk.

Ti Designs
05-27-2008, 06:15 PM

Warm and raining I can deal with. On thursday night I was late to the start of the ride, so the idea of packing a rain jacket never had a chance. Shortly after the start it began to rain and never stopped. 25 miles in cold rain, my hands didn't work well enough to squeeze the brake levers, my body didn't recover until Sunday. Didn't Al Gore promise up global warming???

WadePatton
05-27-2008, 07:33 PM
After several fixed rides-coasting is like a whole 'nuther gear.

Rain is cooling, T-storms are dangerous. Enjoy.