PDA

View Full Version : How soon after Interbike does new stuff show?

sfscott
09-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Wonder on average how long it takes for shops to have some of the goodies that we'll hear about next week. Anyone know?

Specifically, I am jonesing for the Campy compact set-up. Would hate to have to wait until January or so...it's still good ridin' weather here.

Russ
10-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Wonder on average how long it takes for shops to have some of the goodies that we'll hear about next week. Anyone know?

Specifically, I am jonesing for the Campy compact set-up. Would hate to have to wait until January or so...it's still good ridin' weather here.

I have found that sometimes "new" items at the Interbike Show are already out in the hands of consumers even before Interbike ends!!! For example some 2005 Fizik saddles, and the StrongLight Pulsion crankset...

I have noticed, however, that certain Campagnolo items take a bit longer or sometimes a bit quicker... Last year, the 2004 groups became available around December/January. But the newer hollow pin chains took a while to hit the US shops. Almost six months, by the way...

Unfortunatelly there is no way to tell when certain items will be available. My LBS is really good about finding things as soon as they become available.

Tony Prioli
10-01-2004, 05:32 AM
I have two record compact groups on order now. They are pre sold for serotta ottrot customers. I was told by Dave at campagnolo that I should get the groups in about 3 weeks. I am certain that record will be available first, and the distributers will only sell it as a group. Expect to wait untill the new year for separate cranks and derailers for sale.

Tony Prioli

Peter Jon White
10-01-2004, 03:18 PM
There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Each distributor places his orders and hopes for the best. Suppliers tend to ship to OEM customers first.

With Campagnolo, it could be a week, or it could be never. And there's absolutely no way to know until the goods show up.

Matt Barkley
10-03-2004, 09:07 PM
I said one year. Campy compct 4 months. Dario's stuff 11 months. FSA compact 9 months (last year) and 14 onths for 3 flange huns. - Matt :beer: