PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present

hybridbellbaske
05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
My g/f gave me a really cool present for my birthday last week- the Rapha book on Great Climbs of the Pyrenees. Wow- great writing and the pictures are magic. One of those books that you can just dip into from time to time and lose yourself for a while...

Expensive, but a wonderful gift.

I am a Rapha bitch too!

Louis
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
You'd better reciprocate with something similarly extravagant (and useless - unless it inspires you to be next Pantani :) ).

TriJim
05-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I bought the book when it was first offered - first 100 copies signed by the author. Specifically sent word with the order that if I wasn't one of the first 100, then I wasn't interested in purchasing the book.

As you may guess, they sent me an unsigned copy. :crap: When I sent an email for an explanation, Rapha customer service didn't bother to respond. :argue: I kept the book mainly because I didn't have time to repackage and take it to the Post Office, but it is still at the bottom of my "read" stack. I'll get it out before the Etape to read about the Tourmalet, but this is my last purchase from Rapha. I'm sure it's a great read, but I expect to be treated better at these prices. :beer:

rustychisel
05-26-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd have sent it back attached to a brick - collect.

BBB
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Research for a possible trip Hybridbellbaske?