PDA

View Full Version : Let's start the calorie reports...

M.Sommers
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Rare Ribeye steak, shrimp cocktail, Idaho baked potato which was the size of my shoe, Old Speckled Hen beer x 4, Dogfish Head IPA 90 Minute 9% x 4, Hoegaarden x 2, Cuban Rubusto Cigar, Grand Mariner x 2 and Johnny Walker Blue to end the night with another Cuban Cigar.

Considering one (1) Dogfish IPA is 294 calories, I'd say I had about 8K calories last night. Dogfish Head IPA 90 minute rocks.

:beer:

dookie
05-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Old Speckled Hen beer x 4, Dogfish Head IPA 90 Minute 9% x 4, Hoegaarden x 2...Dogfish Head IPA 90 minute rocks.

are you darrenct's alter ego?

konstantkarma
05-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Rare Ribeye steak, shrimp cocktail, Idaho baked potato which was the size of my shoe, Old Speckled Hen beer x 4, Dogfish Head IPA 90 Minute 9% x 4, Hoegaarden x 2, Cuban Rubusto Cigar, Grand Mariner x 2 and Johnny Walker Blue to end the night with another Cuban Cigar.

Considering one (1) Dogfish IPA is 294 calories, I'd say I had about 8K calories last night. Dogfish Head IPA 90 minute rocks. :beer:

What, no thin mint Mr. Creosote? Creosote (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Creosote)

M.Sommers
05-26-2008, 07:40 PM
are you darrenct's alter ego?

DarrenCT wouldn't drink any Old Speckled Hen atmo.

rydesteel
05-26-2008, 08:40 PM
DarrenCT wouldn't drink any Old Speckled Hen atmo.

Yeah he probably would it's beer and it taste good. However the Cuban Robusto's are very bad for health and should be sent to me for proper disposal, pm for address and hazardous material license #. Be very careful as these are potentially very dangerous and need to be disposed of properly.

Louis
05-26-2008, 08:52 PM
http://www.sintbernardus.be/images/New/abt12.jpg

Had one bottle of this on Saturday. No, not the 750 ml size. Until I manage to loose a few more pounds I'm limiting my beer intake.

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2008, 09:02 PM
. . . but used up 6400 cals riding according to my HRM, so to hell with it. Gimme another Molson! . . .

BBD

TMB
05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
You guys are really P'ing me off.

I have got to get some weight off, and this threas is NOT helping motivation.

gone
05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Small salmon caeser salad, two pieces french bread (bad), half glass chardonnay.

Trying to lose a little weight, 6 lbs so far about 5 more to go to get back to my normal weight. For me, dieting usually means taking a little less of everything. For example, with this meal I would normally have had a larger salad, one or two more pieces of bread and a couple of glasses of wine. Smaller portions generally works for me unless I'm really trying to take weight off fast in which case starvation is the only answer.

Haven't had a beer in a week. Gonna die soon.

M.Sommers
05-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Small salmon caeser salad, two pieces french bread (bad), half glass chardonnay.

Trying to lose a little weight, 6 lbs so far about 5 more to go to get back to my normal weight. For me, dieting usually means taking a little less of everything. For example, with this meal I would normally have had a larger salad, one or two more pieces of bread and a couple of glasses of wine. Smaller portions generally works for me unless I'm really trying to take weight off fast in which case starvation is the only answer.

Haven't had a beer in a week. Gonna die soon.

Salmon? Salad? My God man, you haven't eaten until you drink some aspirin down to help thin the blood so you don't have a chunk of ribeye clog the aortic valve. :)

Bread is bad. :D

I fast a couple times a month. And the feast last night was a very rare occassion. Two cigars in one night? That's Bachelor party-type-stuff.

Five pounds? Eat this every day for breakfast and four nights a week for dinner (with Stonyfield yogurt and tea). One serving is 25% of fiber for the day...

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Life-Ezekiel-Sprouted-16-Ounce/dp/B000LKYWZI#nutrition-facts

kgreene10
05-27-2008, 12:03 AM
. . . but used up 6400 cals riding according to my HRM, so to hell with it. Gimme another Molson! . . .

BBD

6400!!!!! Color me astounded. How many miles and in what conditions?

BumbleBeeDave
05-27-2008, 06:19 AM
6400!!!!! Color me astounded. How many miles and in what conditions?

. . . and I didn't ride nearly as many miles as some of the other dudes over there. God only knows how many calories Tom and some of those others burn. Bove doing 400 miles in a week? Yeeow! :eek:

BBD

znfdl
05-27-2008, 08:11 AM
For Memorial Day:

Barbecued Rack of Lamb
Corn on the Cob
Steamed sugar snap peas
Simon and garfunkel over roasted potatoes (parsley, sage rosemary and thyme)

Took a bottle of 2004 Williams Seylem Pinot Noir out of the cellar and looked at the bottle while I ate. 2 weeks to RAAM, my pallete needs some fermented grape juice, badly......

Bonz
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Took a bottle of 2004 Williams Seylem Pinot Noir out of the cellar and looked at the bottle while I ate.
Would happily babysit that bottle for you while you RAAM it. :D
Or maybe the crew should hold it out the back window to pace you: "Chase the bunny, SL, catch it, catch it!" :banana:

znfdl
05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
OK, come and get it, but you have to bring your better half......

Steelhead
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM

Considering one (1) Dogfish IPA is 294 calories, I'd say I had about 8K calories last night. Dogfish Head IPA 90 minute rocks.

You might want to count liver enzymes while you're at it. ;)

BURCH
05-27-2008, 02:44 PM

Are you kidding me. I went to visit my brother and hit a round of golf over the weekend He was giving me bottle after bottle of that stuff on Saturday night. I had no idea it was that high in calories. No wonder I felt like crap the next day. At least we walked 18 holes

false_Aest
05-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Considering one (1) Dogfish IPA is 294 calories, I'd say I had about 8K calories last night.
:

one more reason why IPA ≠ good ;)

M.Sommers
05-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I have to admit, I was hungover, it hit me Monday at 2pm. I fasted today and massaged my liver as best I could. :)

DarrenCT never posted links to calories related to all those beers...I googled many of them and winced. "A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape. The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."
~Mark Twain

csm
05-27-2008, 07:18 PM
friday was an Italian sub... no mayo.
saturday was both a seafood paella and and meat paella; both done on a weber kettle grill. we fed 23 people. some decent ($15) Spainish roja and dessert escapes me at the moment but there was something.
Sunday was some kind of pasta thing; again fed over 20 people. mixed in was beer and other adult beverages. thank goodness memorial day comes around once a year.

shinomaster
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM

That's it? What kind of Roman are you?? ?

Frankwurst
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
No Stolis Black Russian? :beer:

M.Sommers
05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
That's it? What kind of Roman are you?? ?

I'm not a huge fan of sun-dried tomatoes. That said, I must've had at least a dozen Carr's Crackers each with sliced provolone, sun-dried tomatoes, pinch of basil and a drop of olive oil.

I did eat five pieces of lettuce with dinner, to say/claim I had a healthy salad.

M.Sommers
05-27-2008, 10:21 PM
No Stolis Black Russian? :beer:

It's summer now. No time for black/white Russians. Time for Kaluha/Cream Rootbeer floats.