PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain Go Away...

Chad Engle
05-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Supposed to be a 12 hour mtn bike race/ride today. Lot's of rain the last couple of days, more forecasted for today. I don't know if it was cancelled or not, but my team chose to bail.

Furthermore, my new mountain bike shipped on Wednesday, build kit is at the lbs and I'm just waiting and stewing...

Enjoy the sun if you have it, my three day weekend will probably consist of hunting for nightcrawlers in the rain. :crap:

Karin Kirk
05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
I feel your pain Chad.
We have similar weather here. It began raining on Wed and it's supposed to keep going through the weekend and even into next week. We almost always have a rainout for Memorial Day weekend, so I guess we are just keeping up with tradition.

We had a short window of dry pavement yesterday, so we managed to squeeze in a tiny ride, but that might be it for the whole week!

Ahhhh, spring.

tys
05-24-2008, 09:15 AM
:crap:

http://www.ironhorsebicycleclassic.com/

Just heard the 815 train whistle which would have signalled the start. :rolleyes:
I came prepared for rain and snow, so I'll probably do a short ride today and maybe ride to Molas pass and back tomorrow when the weather's better.

Crazy Chris
05-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Since the Iron Horse Bicycle Classis road race from Durango to Silverton will not be held for the second time in its history because of the danger of hyperthermia, riders will not get to see Jeannie Longo in the women's elite race. Perhaps she'll race in the criterium tomorrow in downtown Durango. She and Ned Overend are inspirations to anyone aged 50 or more. Or even under 50.

Chad Engle
05-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Sun came out, rode 20. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :beer: :)