PDA

View Full Version : Exteondo sizing

cadence231
05-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the fit of Exteondo clothing?
The reason I ask is that the smallest size jersey that they offer is a size medium...at least as far as is available at online shops. I wear small jerseys and was wondering if the medium size is their "small".http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/cadence220/102.gif

johnnymossville
05-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Since they are a company from Spain, the mediums should be pretty small. I wonder if there are any dealers around to try one on to make sure?

taylorj
05-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Run small. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

cadence231
05-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Run small. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

5'7", 140#.

taylorj
05-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I bet the medium will work ok. If you call Colorado Cyclist and give them this info, I bet they will be able to guide you. In Campagnolo Sportswear you would be a Small---and a year or so ago you in ExteOndo, you would probably be a small in shorts and and a medium in Jerseys---but this manufacturer has changed it's sizing over the years, and I don't know what's current. Call Colorado. They should know.

M.Sommers
05-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I own and wear two Exte Ondo jerseys. Firstly, they are top quality, smooth stuff. I am 6' 185 and would marinate your 140lbs with salt, pepper, crushed garlic, fresh lemons and cook you on the BBQ for six minutes per side. :) That said, you'll prolly out climb me, so I won't be cooking you on Monday. I wear a XXL from Exte Ondo. I wear a 42L jacket/sports coat (must be two buttons, not three fwiw). I could fit into their XL as well (I own one XL) but it's tight. Typically, most other company's jerseys (Capoforma) I buy and wear their XL.

It's my thought that Exte Ondo runs smaller. Nice jersey. I think Capo makes nice stuff too.

:beer:

jeffg
05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Nice kit, especially any of the shorts with the golden chamois (though I have yet to try the other elastic one).

I am 5'9," 160 (when in good shape) and use a medium bib and a large jersey

I would think a medium would be fine for you, but do call CC to be sure

Edit: I am surprised at people using the large bibs. Here is a pic of fat Jeff after 15 hours in the saddle in the mediums -- they held up better than I did ...

ClutchCargo
05-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I bet the medium will work ok. If you call Colorado Cyclist and give them this info, I bet they will be able to guide you. In Campagnolo Sportswear you would be a Small---and a year or so ago you in ExteOndo, you would probably be a small in shorts and and a medium in Jerseys---but this manufacturer has changed it's sizing over the years, and I don't know what's current. Call Colorado. They should know.

my experience is that etxeondo shorts run a bit smaller than their jerseys. e.g., I'm 5"9" and 150 lbs and generally a medium in Descente, Santini and most other shorts, but wear a large in the EO shorts (at least those I ordered a couple a years ago). Their medium jersey that I bought last year is pretty snug -- so that would probably work for the OP -- of course, depends on if you want a racer tight or a loose fit, right?

good suggestion to call a retailer that is familiar with the current product.

ride on!

jemoryl
05-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I have two Etxe Ondo jerseys and one pair of shorts and would say the sizing runs small (I'm a L in N. American stuff and XL/5 in Euro stuff, incl. E-O). One of the jerseys (older) is noticably looser than the other (newer), so maybe the sizing or fit has changed.

tab123
05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Women's sizing may be different but here are my thoughts in case they help. I am 5'9" and weigh 145. I wear a medium in almost all bike clothing except EO. I have to wear an XL EO top for the length; it ends up large in the body but otherwise my back would be showing. I wear a L in the shorts and tights.

Great stuff and worth the price.

happycampyer
05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Not to complicate your decision, but I have several of their jerseys from the same vintage and I found that I could wear an L in one style but an XL in another. I normally wear size L (and on occasion an M), so I agree that the sizing generally runs small (and the jerseys seem to be cut shorter than others). If you can't try them on locally, I agree with the recommendation to work with a customer-service oriented online dealer like CC who will give you the service you need. Excellent fabrics, and well made. Fwiw, I have found that the bibs fit me in my normal size.

Geoff
05-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I am 6'1" and 175 and I were a M in the bibs PBH 90cm,

tv_vt
05-23-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm 6-2, 180. Wear EO bibs in 2XL. Just returned an XL Bremen jersey to STP because it was too small. In everything else, XL is plenty big enough. Love their bibs, though.

Thom

cadence231
05-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone!

Seems I have learnt quattro things:

1)I need a medium jersey even though I usually take a small in Nalini, Castelli, Biemme, Assos, Hincapie(a gift), Vermarc, Santini and Voler.
2)Jeff has felt better than in that pic.
3)Sommers is a cannibal and has a rather mundane quiver of seasonings.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/cadence220/jumprope.gif