PDA

View Full Version : Landshark

superquick
05-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Landshark... washed up has been or underrated superbike? I found a deal on a new one and am wondering if I should get it to race. Thoughts?

maddog17
05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
nice bikes, funky paint jobs. i've read some good things from owners. if the price is right for you i'd say go for it

Lifelover
05-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I'll give you my opinion in a few weeks. I got a great deal on a new touring frame he made and should be riding it by this weekend.

Other than people dissin his paint, I've read nothing but great things about his frames.

He clearly knows how to make a race bike. Just ask Andy.

Frank
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Landshark... washed up has been or underrated superbike? I found a deal on a new one and am wondering if I should get it to race. Thoughts?

The paint schemes run from conservative to confounding. Gary Hobbs, late of GVH Bikes, used to sell quite a few of them and really liked them, including riding one himself.

Lifelover
05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
The paint schemes run from conservative to confounding. Gary Hobbs, late of GVH Bikes, used to sell quite a few of them and really liked them, including riding one himself.

The one I got came from GVH, was "Gary V" labeled and built for Gary to tour Europe on.

Solid red, very conservative paint.

PacNW2Ford
05-21-2008, 08:43 PM

"Washed up has been" SCOFF...

John is one the nicest guys in the business and I've seen other framebuilders line up to hear him talk about fillet brazing.

gone
05-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Got one. Love it.

Great ride, beautiful fillet brazing and I love the paint. There's not enough money to get me to sell it.

OK, maybe there is but it'd have to be a lot of money!

John H.
05-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice bike- you will be happy

rphetteplace
05-21-2008, 09:23 PM
John is an awesome builder. I'd be willing to bet he's made more bikes than any other single builder on this forum. I want to say he's closing in on 5K bikes built.

Don't think you build that many bikes being a hack. Totally underrated builder who doesn't care about all this internet crap.

fiamme red
05-21-2008, 09:33 PM
John is an awesome builder. I'd be willing to bet he's made more bikes than any other single builder on this forum. I want to say he's closing in on 5K bikes built.

Don't think you build that many bikes being a hack. Totally underrated builder who doesn't care about all this internet crap.It's amazing that not only does he build all Landsharks by himself, but he paints them too, with unique and very difficult paint schemes.

To work at his rate, he must budget his time with incredible efficiency.

Jeff N.
05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Love my Road Shark. Jeff N.

Blue Jays
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
John Slawta builds an absolutely stunning bicycle with brilliant paint to match.
One should be very proud to be a lucky Land Shark owner.

Buzz
05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
See this here re Landshark / Hampsten bike:

Scroll down to May 20 entry

http://www.hampsten.blogspot.com/

SoCalSteve
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
It's amazing that not only does he build all Landsharks by himself, but he paints them too, with unique and very difficult paint schemes.

To work at his rate, he must budget his time with incredible efficiency.

Now thats funny!

Anybody get this?

Just askin'

Steve

William
05-22-2008, 04:48 AM

Top notch product. As long as it's in good shape, it fits, and the price is right, you can't go wrong with a Landshark.

William

soulspinner
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Levis got one to train on-its pic is on his website.

rphetteplace
05-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Levis got one to train on-its pic is on his website.

levi actually has 2 now :banana:

and he pays for them

soulspinner
05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I dig the colors he used. Some of those paint jobs make me dizzy :confused:

JimmyO8
05-23-2008, 05:37 AM
I just purchased a used 2002 and love it.