PDA

View Full Version : Contador

shanerpvt
05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
is it just me or did contador have a surprisingly strong itt? i didn't remember being particularly strong at that discipline.

i'm pullin for Andreas.......never seems to get much respect.

3chordwonder
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
According to cyclingnews.com Di Luca certainly thought it was surprising.

All the lamenting about the elbow and terrible preparation is probably just Bruyneel sandbagging, or the gear is paying off, or he's just naturally growing into being an allrounder, take your pick according to level of paranoia ;-)

Fixed
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
tdf champ make tt.champ at giro
imho cheers :beer:

Elefantino
05-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm going to go out and break my elbow, too.

paczki
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
All the lamenting about the elbow and terrible preparation is probably just Bruyneel sandbagging, or the gear is paying off, or he's just naturally growing into being an allrounder, take your pick according to level of paranoia ;-)

I think I could come up with a more paranoid suggestion than that :banana:

pdxmech13
05-20-2008, 09:51 PM
when he was riding for Saiz in wind tunnels wasn't he always putting out the watts. this should be no surprise for anyone.

M.Sommers
05-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Golf clap for sure. Bigtime. I really enjoy watching an athlete in a particular sport work on their weakness. Boonen? I've called out via the internet to have him focus on his time trial. Why shouldn't he? Why should he settle for being just a sprinter this summer? No, he'll never be a mountain goat, but why not stttretcccccch his discipline? Why not try to wear yellow a few more times? Why not say, "I stink at the time trial, poor form, lack of watts...lemme get to work!" Unless Contador tests positive for doping, he's passed the test for being a smart, coy athlete; focus on your weakness.

:beer:

coylifut
05-20-2008, 10:19 PM
riders that go to csc and postal/disco/astana come out of it with a better tt. wouldn't surprise me if chipotle riders progressed in a similar fashion.