PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Idol

Moosedryvr
05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Not that I really care about who wins American idol, but...

Archiletta...pure nutella, need I say more?

I really don't like the kid's fawning, breathless, deer in the headlights thing after every song (you'd think he'd get past this after a season's worth of feedback?), but man can the kid sing. I give him total props for not leaving anything in the bag each time he gets on stage. David C is great too, but I just never felt like he was giving it everything he had.

I think Cook will sell more records, but tonight, as a talent competition, my vote goes to David A..

Shawn G

bostondrunk
05-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Who the heck would actually buy a cd from David A??? I can't stand him!

bironi
05-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey, I thought I was the only one still occasionally buying cd's, but thus far never from an Idol contestant. :beer:

PBWrench
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
David A. = the pastrami of American Deli

eddief
05-20-2008, 10:59 PM
on all my bikes. Arch....

ericspin
05-21-2008, 05:07 AM
I really don't like the kid's fawning, breathless, deer in the headlights thing after every song
Shawn G

Damn, me too. Makes me want to puke.

BarryG
05-21-2008, 06:00 AM
I honestly could care less who wins. After watching last night, I'm convinced the competition is fixed. Am I alone in thinking the judges' bias in favor of David A was totally undisguised? Their gushing over DA looked contrived.

I don't get it - why aren't they banking on the MUCH more guaranteed commercial success of David C?

csm
05-21-2008, 06:32 AM
I think davida is the more bankable star. he has a built-in audience of millions of silly tweey-boppers.
how long til illicit photos of davida and clay achen come out?

bhungerford
05-21-2008, 06:47 AM
did anyone else notice that David A was reading off a teleprompter? got a shot of it during his second song, way back in the audience, black screen with white text. you could also see it in his eyes....

didn't notice cook reading, but you never know...

gt6267a
05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
i think simon and randy cream over carebear because he is moldable. he'll just do whatever they want. he is the puppet they have always wanted. rocker dude has a sense of himself and would probably cause them more strife. though i think carebear sounds like he has a cold, apparently his fan base of "in the hormone years" girls who probably buy the most albums is stronger. carebear is a nice quick money producer. i think rocker dude has more long term potential. who cares about the long term?

david's aside, am i the only one that thought ruben destroyed them both? tifaux clipped the ending and i only saw half his performance, but the quality and strength of his voice was so much nicer than either of the contestents it was embarassing for the show.

telep - i did not notice it, but the gf did. was it there just for ryan or did carebear really need help? that would be interesting to know.

gt6267a
05-21-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

the gf sent me this link that cook is predicted to win idol. seems impossible, but? discuss.