PDA

View Full Version : where did they go?

terry
09-28-2004, 03:18 PM
2.5 miles out on my morning ride yesterday i heard loud crunching noises that i knew 1. weren't good & 2. meant my bb was trashed. i had to ride it gingerly home with the crank wobbling all over the place. funny thing tho, when i pulled it apart sure enuf the left side sealed bearing was a mess of cages & bearing surfaces stuck to the cup, but no ball bearings & no bits, pieces or even dust from the bearings in the bb shell. where did they go? this is a first for me. i ruined bb's before but not like this.

weisan
09-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Do you have a cutout hole under the bottom of your frame? They are there to let out water in case you went swimming with your bike...but I guess they serve the dual purpose of letting out some well-grounded metallic powder too. :D

weisan

Peter
09-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Your bearings were all "saved" and taken up to heaven with the Rapture...

Bill Bove
09-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Your bearings were all "saved" and taken up to heaven with the Rapture...
I was thinking "did you see a flash of bright white light just before they disapeared" maybe the were abducted by aliens. There's a lot of that going around lately.

Too Tall
09-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Same thing happened to me and Queen a few yrs. back riding tandem. Phil Wood BB went asunder. Bearings and hunks of metal ejected who knows where? Zap had to ride home and pick us up.

Light a candle.