PDA

View Full Version : Show us your wraps!

Too Tall
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
OK, I am a bit bored. Tropical depression whatever is passing over DC and I just put a new set of bars on the bike and thought gee what if I used this cotton string and did....judge for yourself. It's soaked with Linseed oil. Think I'll remake with some nice thin hemp twine and that will look better.
Proud of your work? Show me :)

www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/hbwrap1.jpg
www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/hbwrap2.jpg
www.ahealinghand.com/images/general/hbwrap3.jpg

zap
09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
What, no work? You must be bored.

'nuf sed

M_A_Martin
09-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Oil on plastic?

Silly of me, but will the linseed oil have any affect on the carbon?

William
09-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey Too Tall,

For the heck of it, why don't you try using some paracord? I use it on a number of the aluminum training blades I bring when putting on seminars for students and LEO's to use who don't have one. It probably will provide a better grip and just as much shock absorbtion as bar wrap.

Conversly, I suggested to one of my guys to try using bar wrap on a Sjambok instead of paracord...works great.

Mix & match, why not. :)

William

Too Tall
09-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Thanks Willm, I'll check it out.
M.A.M, beats me!!!! That's what I get for making assumptions.

Peter
09-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Why don't you just wrap your bars the Spectrum way and be done with any sort of end tapes/twine? It's simpler and cleaner looking.

Too Tall
09-29-2004, 06:03 AM
I want bare carbon above the STI on horizontal surfaces. Off with the cotton cording and his eve. I'll go at it with some waxed thread ;) He he, I used to make my own reeds for Bassoon and part of the process was to form an intricate Turban wrap at the end...yeah that's the ticket.

zap
09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Hmmm, got you hooked on that bare carbon :)