PDA

View Full Version : selev? pro bike kit?

false_Aest
05-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Anyone used their helmets?

It's time to replace my helmet. I usually go with Giro but I thought I'd look around. I really like the look of the Selev Matrix . . . BUT . . . no one really deals them in the states. (maybe my answer lies in that last statement).

Also, they're up to Euro helmet standards but I have no clue about US standards. If I eventually race would this be a problem?

While we're at it, has anyone used ordered from Pro Bike Kit and shipped to the US? What's their delivery time like?

Thanks
T

kgreene10
05-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Pro Bike Kit is awesome. I have ordered from them three times and although delivery takes about a week from the UK, it's free and their prices seemingly can't be beat. I personally would be a little less enthusiastic about having a helmet shipped from overseas. BTW, I just picked up a Bell Sweep R at Performance for $100 using an in-store coupon good until 5/20.

taylorj
05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Anyone used their helmets?
Also, they're up to Euro helmet standards but I have no clue about US standards. If I eventually race would this be a problem?
T

As an Importer of European goods (and Limar Helmets) into the USA, I would caution you against purchasing a helmet that does not meet CSPC standards. The Pro 104 (Limar's "lightest helmet in the world") is being sold like hot-cakes in europe, but has not passed the standard for Australia or USA (both of which have tough standards to meet). USA cycling requires for you to have a helmet that meets CSPC standards.

It is crazy---I have ridden in Europe wearing Euro standard helmets (since I forgot/lost mine) and haven't felt less safe as a result. But to race in the US you'll need a helmet that passes the CSPC safety standards.

maunahaole
05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
No comment on the helmet issue - positive or negative.

PBK shipping takes a week to get to Hawaii. Generally faster than stuff coming from the east coast.

coylifut
05-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I had one large $ order from Probikekit.com that never arrived. After 5 weeks I contacted my credit card co and had the charge reversed. Other than that, my orders have always arrived in a timely manner. I'd be surprised that they'd ship a non conforming helmet to the US.

Charles M
05-18-2008, 08:10 PM
As an Importer of European goods (and Limar Helmets) into the USA, I would caution you against purchasing a helmet that does not meet CSPC standards. The Pro 104 (Limar's "lightest helmet in the world") is being sold like hot-cakes in europe, but has not passed the standard for Australia or USA (both of which have tough standards to meet). USA cycling requires for you to have a helmet that meets CSPC standards.

It is crazy---I have ridden in Europe wearing Euro standard helmets (since I forgot/lost mine) and haven't felt less safe as a result. But to race in the US you'll need a helmet that passes the CSPC safety standards.

What company do you work for? I thought Pronet had Limar? That's who just sent me the 969 for test and I was told the Pro 104 had passed and was on it's way...

Selev have sold in the US through others beside Probikekit (models may vary in fairness)...

Glory Cycles has the Selev helmets. (http://www.glorycycles.com/selevhelmets.html)

I have the Matrix. pretty well channeled inside for venting, reasonable weight and a nice simple retention system...

false_Aest
05-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys.

1) gonna go for US-legal helmet

2) will place order with them this week.