PDA

View Full Version : I miss Zen from Ben

dave1215
05-17-2008, 09:41 AM
will there be more?

Ahneida Ride
05-17-2008, 10:09 AM
I do too ...

But does Ben really want to get involved here .... ???
I'm not convinced it's such a great idea.

dave thompson
05-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Why would he want to post here? The last time he did, he got slapped around a lot.......and he owns this joint!

Bruce K
05-17-2008, 10:37 AM
+ a bunch on Dave T.

Ben tried to repond to the requests that folks hear more from the company and from him and all he got was enough grief to threaten the very existence of this forum.

I too, hope that he will post more Zen from Ben but I'm guessing we would need to show a whole lot more respect for this group and this place first.

BK

Ahneida Ride
05-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Yea ... My point exactly ..... :confused:

Sorry Ben ...

:rolleyes:

dave thompson
05-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Respect. That word, unfortunately, was lost long ago here. Maybe with a little luck and some conscientious postings, it may return. "We" certainly didn't show much of it to our host.

Dustin
05-17-2008, 10:53 AM
As I recall, Grant P. stopped regularly posting to the Riv list long ago due to similar, but slightly different dynamics.

Sandy
05-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Respect. That word, unfortunately, was lost long ago here. Maybe with a little luck and some conscientious postings, it may return. "We" certainly didn't show much of it to our host.

As I stated in another thread, I think we need SEROTTA:

S ensitivity
E mpathy
R espect
O bjectivity
T olerance
T emperance
A ppreciation

Respect is a most important one.

S andy

dave thompson
05-17-2008, 12:42 PM
As I stated in another thread, I think we need SEROTTA:

S ensitivity
E mpathy
R espect
O bjectivity
T olerance
T emperance
A ppreciation

Respect is a most important one.

S andy
AGREED!!!

flickwet
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
AGREED!!!
I second that emotion

Lifelover
05-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Why would he want to post here? The last time he did, he got slapped around a lot.......and he owns this joint!

ATMO, he should post his "Zen" in a locked thread.

Some jerk (not The Jerk) may try to start a new thread to respond, but that could be deleted by one of the Super Mods

mosca
05-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe there should be a "Zen from Ben" page on the main Serotta website rather than posting it within this "environment". Context is important, and I think his messages are (or should be, from a business standpoint) intended more for mainstream cyclists and less for the small group of more focused enthusiasts that frequent this forum. Then we could still discuss his comments but there would at least be a "buffer zone" in between.

my $0.02

Sandy
05-18-2008, 01:48 AM
I think that we are prepared to respond to Ben and Serotta in an acceptable manner. I hope he will try us again.

Sandy

shinomaster
05-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Maybe Ben's first post was designed to clear the forum of certain persons?

Bruce K
05-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Then again Sandy, maybe not. :rolleyes:

BK

victoryfactory
05-18-2008, 06:45 AM
One of the best ways to create too much pressure on yourself is to announce
your intention to publish on a regular basis.
I think Ben should contribute when he feels like it, and should not have
announced a periodic message.

VF

FMS_rider
05-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Having made this mistake myself more than once I agree, and do hope that this is the primary reason.

If you are reading this Ben, I want you to know that my Legend has become a special part of my life and that I feel like I owe you a great deal both because of the bike and because of this forum.

Lew

One of the best ways to create too much pressure on yourself is to announce
your intention to publish on a regular basis.
I think Ben should contribute when he feels like it, and should not have
announced a periodic message.

VF