PDA

View Full Version : Petacchi canned

LegendRider
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Milram fired Petacchi. I wonder if he'll paint his Extreme Power black and continue to train...

taylorj
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
No way---what's the story...?

taylorj
05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Team MILRAM and Alessandro Petacchi terminate contract with mutual consent

Dortmund: 16/05/2008

Pro-tour Cycling team MILRAM has informed that, due to the outcome of the Arbitral Award delivered by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and condemnation against mister Alessandro Petacchi, the team will terminate their contract with mister Petacchi with immediate effect.

“Every breach of our team policy is going to be penalized”, said MILRAM's General Manager Gerry van Gerwen. Although team MILRAM is aware of the content of the CAS award, which states that mister Petacchi did not cheat or abused his medicine Salbutamol, the CAS came to the conclusion that mister Petacchi was in breach of the specific terms of his ATUE and therefore was in breach of UCI regulations.

Team MILRAM’s policy regarding the breach of UCI rules by any team member is such, that team MILRAM and mister Petacchi have decided to terminate the contract. Parties have discussed the consequences of the termination and came to a mutual settlement.

paczki
05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Is he the rider with the irregular bloodwork passport?

coylifut
05-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Is he the rider with the irregular bloodwork passport?

it's the salbutural thang. Licky-Gas will sign him shorty.

LegendRider
05-16-2008, 02:45 PM

And, Cannondale will build him an SuperEXTREMESix.

jeffg
05-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Wow!

I guess Zabel can stay on since he cried when talking about using EPO ...

PaulE
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM

After all, he is Super Mario's successor, so why not try the Rock Racing gig? And I thought Licky-Gas was Leeky-Gas? :p