fierte_poser
05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
What's going right for you in 2008?

I'll start:

1. My Serotta Fierte still fits like a glove after 2 years of ownership. :beer:

2. I'm at 450 miles YTD. :banana:

flickwet
05-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Its kinda rainy and cold here, good 1x1 weather. then l willdo a road ride tomorrow with my 12 yr old him on his Bridgestone RB-1 me on the Colorado, weather keeps my allergies from acting up so bad, oh look the suns comming out. tonite my daughter pitches her first game as a starter (13-14 yr olds) Life is good

shinomaster
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Hmmmm......I'm getting a New Zank in a few months..
I'm not fat
I have a cute GF (even though all GF's are MP in some way)
I made a bunch of pottery (although some of it sucks)
I have a bunch of cute penguin shirts
Etc...

RPS
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM

RocketDog
05-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I took the day off to ride. Sunny, 60s, and only a little wind. My new-to-me Fierte ticked over the 1k mark and the odometer now sits at 1032 mi. I'm going to go grab a burger and a beer and watch the cubbies. Darn near perfect day.

rwsaunders
05-16-2008, 01:21 PM
When the pilot says that "the nicest thing of our upcoming 4.5 hour flight will be your three wonderful flight attendants" you know the day can only get better.

We have to ditch this rain so that Pedal Pittsburgh has some decent attendance. Anyone from here going?

maunahaole
05-16-2008, 01:23 PM
W.W.F.D.? - What would Fixed do?

Recipe for positive thoughts.

M.Sommers
05-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm not fat
I have a cute GF (even though all GF's are MP in some way)
I made a bunch of pottery (although some of it sucks)
I have a bunch of cute penguin shirts
Etc...

Bro, I have a lot of Original Penguin PANTS. They are serious, no joke, Caddyshack, 1970's-type golf pants.

Penguin stuff is so hot right now.

Girlfriends are MP. Girlie is MP.

Lifelover
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I have already done a century in 2008!

It was the easiest to date!

I got a great deal on a Killer new frame! Fat tires and rack mounts!

I took a friend out for his first real bike ride Wednesday.

My kids and wife are healthy and happy!

I WILL Kayak this summer!

Louis
05-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Group ride tomorrow with some buddies from the forum and from work. Weather forecast is just about perfect. Should be fun.

Louis

M.Sommers
05-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Group ride tomorrow with some buddies from the forum and from work. Weather forecast is just about perfect. Should be fun.

Louis

Will dirtdigger88 be there?

Dirtdigger88 is MP.

Louis
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Will dirtdigger88 be there?

Dirtdigger88 is MP.

Yes, the Dirt-man will be in attendance. :)

Sandy
05-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Have a wonderful wife, great dog, and excellent health. Now if I can only getr my butt back on my bike....

Sandy

jthurow
05-16-2008, 01:45 PM

LouisCan't wait... I was just out polishing up the Lemond! :banana:

jimi

Cdub
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
My wife rocks
Kids are awesome, but even better, they are with the grandparents for the weekend.

I get to race in the morning.
I get to do an adventure race with the wife on Sunday and drink mexican beer when I am done for free :beer:

Cheers to all.

Louis
05-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Can't wait... I was just out polishing up the Lemond! :banana:

Look forward to seeing you, Jimi.

Louis

dave thompson
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Oddly enough I'm in the best condition even considering our horrible winter, with no riding for over 5 months!

The way I gauge where I am fit-wise is to tackle certain long/hard/steep hills we have around here to see; 1: if I can climb them, 2: how I feel at the top, 3: how my legs are at the end of the day. So far, 7 tried, 7 done!

Doesn't hurt that I've also got a couple of terrific bikes to ride. And good riding weather has finally arrived for the season.

merckx
05-16-2008, 02:00 PM
In March I took delivery of a new Zank. It is the most connected machine I have ever had. That is saying a lot.

The other good news from 2008 so far is that my kids still love me......not sure about my wife.

paczki
05-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Reading the Fat Cyclist's blog makes me realize that everything in my life is great. Health is everything. :)

whitecda
05-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Well over 1k already this year, even with the cold and rain this week.
Worked on a numb foot issue with some success.
Working evenings sux, but I can get miles in during the day :banana:
Accumulating cool silver bits for a Terraplane.
On the list for Terraplane.
Daughter gets license soon, so no more Dad taxi....wait this may not be a good thing. :confused:
Cool wife, hot dog....or hot wife, cool dog. That's probably the better order.
Birthday Monday! Will celebrate with ride, wife, dog, and a few of my Belgian friends. They will be dead soldiers by the end :beer:
Dang, I like listing this. I feel all good now.

spiderman
05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
i had the day off wednesday this week
and did my first unsupported, solo double century.
...right at 12 hours start to finish...
great day on the bike,
passing landmarks like
walnut grove, mn...on the banks of plumb creek!

i took my wife of 24 years
to the midnight showing of narnia
with her ap chemistry class!
...we brought our swords...!!!

cadence231
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
As far as cycling goes, my experiment with a hypoxic simulation device is showing positive results! I love my new wheels!

Personally, my dogs and family are healthy and my grass looks great!

coylifut
05-16-2008, 02:34 PM
here's mine. It looks a lot like Shino's, but slightly different.

I'm not fat
I have a cute spouse (even though all spouse's are MP in some way)
I have one cute penguin shirt
I have two really cute dogs
Etc...

My 10-year old daughter punched a boy and gave him a black eye. His parents want to "talk about it." My response was "if a girl hit my kid and gave him a black eye, I'd keep as quiet as possible."

William
05-16-2008, 02:37 PM
I found out that my old Aerospoke wheel is worth more now than what I paid for it new back in 95 or so. :cool:

William

Cdub
05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
My 10-year old daughter punched a boy and gave him a black eye. His parents want to "talk about it." My response was "if a girl hit my kid and gave him a black eye, I'd keep as quiet as possible."

That is really funny +++++++1

Good for your daughter handling her business.

soulspinner
05-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Have a wonderful wife, great dog, and excellent health. Now if I can only getr my butt back on my bike....

Sandy

Tell yourself you are gonna go out and do an easy 60 minutes. After 30 you do you will be glad ya did. After 45 you will be stompin the pedals wondering why you dont do this more often. Remember, you can always start out saying 30 minutes out and youll head home(and you can) but bet ya wont.

WadePatton
05-16-2008, 02:50 PM
2008 is still going great!

In no particular order:
Single again
Lost weight I've carried for 15+ years
Eating healthy
Dogs happy
Survived a 12-hour
No injuries
Rode this morning
Looks like a dry course for this weekend's race.

wp

shinomaster
05-16-2008, 02:54 PM

I'm not fat
Etc...

Dude, high-five your daughter!

AndreS
05-16-2008, 02:55 PM

Lots, actually, but I'll mention just one:

My kids are now good enough skiers/boarders that it is fun for me to hang with them on the slopes (when I bring my board). We actually had a powder day this year (it was only about 10", but hey, that's pretty good for the Catskills). We had a blast. My 9 y.o. daughter isn't the most aggressive skier in the world, but it was a kick seeing her (slowly) ski the edges of the trails screaming "fluffies!! fluffies!!". My 11 y.o. son could almost keep up with me on his board, but he's more athletically gifted than I so it won't be long before the tables are turned. I'll have to switch back to skis to be able to hang for a couple more years, then it'll be "see ya, Dad!".

Fixed
05-16-2008, 02:57 PM
bro i woke up this a.m. that is a good start rode to work and around some
cheers imho stopping at the pub on the way home this p.m.

sbornia
05-16-2008, 02:58 PM

- 2300 miles ytd and excited about more to come
- daydreaming about selling the fleet and being even happier with one perfect bike

paczki
05-16-2008, 02:59 PM

She's ready for cyclocross!

PaulE
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Reading the Fat Cyclist's blog makes me realize that everything in my life is great. Health is everything. :)

On top of that, I have a great wife and two great kids.

I skied 7 days this winter, after averaging 1 day a winter for the last 20 years with no backaches.

My year to date mileage is ahead of last year.

My Pilates is helping me.

Just as I got in the car this morning I heard on the radio that Tom Waits tickets go on sale at 10 AM today and was able to snag two for Atlanta on July 5th.

Joe Bell called this afternoon and he will be shipping my bike back to me next Friday.

A nice ride is planned for Sunday. It's all good!

handsomerob
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I did not wake up with dirt in my mouth this morning...

girlie
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I am almost finished moving into a new apartment with an Art Studio:)!
Which will double as a place for me to ride the trainer.......when I'm not outside of course.

gomez308
05-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I can't take it anymore. What does MP stand for? :crap:

Lifelover
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I can't take it anymore. What does MP stand for? :crap:

Mad Painful

or

Mad Props

I think

fierte_poser
05-16-2008, 04:01 PM
MP = mad painful. Examples are neon yellow fleck bar tape, riding into a 20mph headwind going out and coming back, and having your chain snap in 2 inside of 1km.

Hey all, thanks for some great reading on a lazy Friday afternoon. Have fun and be safe this weekend...whether racing or JRA. :beer:

More on what's going right in my corner of the world:

1. Single and happy.
2. Going to start biking to work after a 12 year layoff.
3. Adopted a greyhound 2 months ago and he's turned into a great friend.
4. My parents are both over 70 and in great health and they're coming to visit in 3 weeks.

bironi
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
bro i woke up this a.m. that is a good start rode to work and around some
cheers imho stopping at the pub on the way home this p.m.

Drinking beer. Life is short, and beer is good. :beer:

hansolo758
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Not just this year but every year for the past several- -- got:

1. a great wife
2. kids who are out on their own, yet still want to talk on the phone and visit (not move back, thank God!).
3. kid still at home who is simply a gem -- no teenage issues with her whatsoever.
4. Work that I love.
5. nice bikes to ride

What more could anyone wish for?

cadence231
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
MP = mad painful. Examples are neon yellow fleck bar tape, riding into a 20mph headwind going out and coming back, and having your chain snap in 2 inside of 1km.

Hey all, thanks for some great reading on a lazy Friday afternoon. Have fun and be safe this weekend...whether racing or JRA. :beer:

More on what's going right in my corner of the world:

1. Single and happy.
2. Going to start biking to work after a 12 year layoff.
3. Adopted a greyhound 2 months ago and he's turned into a great friend.
4. My parents are both over 70 and in great health and they're coming to visit in 3 weeks.

Yay! Me and jthurow are grey owners!

I'm thinking of starting a Greyhound newsletter:

GREYHOUNDS ARE GREAT (GAB! GAB! GAB!), "All the news that's fit to poop on".

Mike, Bill, Tonka and Melody

fierte_poser
05-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Can't wait... I was just out polishing up the Lemond! :banana:

jimi

Have fun riding around the Lou. My best friend is a road biker and lives in St. Louis Hills. He lives on Childress and take his German Shepherd over to Lindenwood Park on a regular basis. Are you near by?

ps I'm seriously considering riding the Missouri MS150 in September

fierte_poser
05-16-2008, 04:56 PM
- 2300 miles ytd and excited about more to come
- daydreaming about selling the fleet and being even happier with one perfect bike

I'm very close to selling my second car for the same reason!

fierte_poser
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I am almost finished moving into a new apartment with an Art Studio:)!
Which will double as a place for me to ride the trainer.......when I'm not outside of course.

Can you post some pics of your art? What is your medium?

girlie
05-16-2008, 05:18 PM
I do performance video art.....I make poster digital prints from stills....then I rework them by hand.
The love one is a digital print with hand cut triangles....when the light hits it a shadow is cast on the wall.
The Cry is part of a series...and really only makes sense in person.....it is printed about 3feet x 3feet and GLOSS laminated. I took pictures of myself crying for a over a year (only when I was crying I didn't make myself cry) then edited it into a series.
The Glass paper piece reads: I got a problem with spending before I get it we all self conscious I'm just the first to admit it. Lyrics from a Kanye West song. It is placed on a sheet of glass.
The museum installation is a 4 minute video with four digital posters reworked by hand...one stitched, one gold-leafed, one cut, and one with vinyl lettering.

So there it is.
girlie

rphetteplace
05-16-2008, 05:24 PM
the dog that 2 weeks ago we found out has lymphoma and only had 2 weeks 2 live responded to chemo this week and is in clinical remission. Best news I've had in a long time!

Ahneida Ride
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
The Cry is part of a series...
girlie

Hey Girlie .... Don't cry, you are breaking my heart ~! ;)

Louis
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
the dog that 2 weeks ago we found out has lymphoma and only had 2 weeks 2 live responded to chemo this week and is in clinical remission. Best news I've had in a long time!

That is very good news. Best of luck to the doggie.

Sandy
05-16-2008, 05:49 PM
That is very good news. Best of luck to the doggie.

+1,000,0000,0000,000,000,000

Sandy

rsl
05-16-2008, 06:21 PM
1. Just found a new route that is p h e n o m e n a l

2. I'm moving to Berkely in August (!)

3. I think I'm (finally) going to buy a fixed gear.

4. My wife and I are coming up on 3 GREAT years of marriage!

All is well! :banana:

saab2000
05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Things that are going right (in no particular order):

- Met Mike Zanconato yesterday

- Drove home yesterday and today .Washington DC to Worcester, MA to Grand Rapids, MI is a long emeffin' drive. But I went with my bike so he could see it.

- I am riding more this year than last year.

- I am sitting in my garage right now after driving over 1000 miles in the past 2 days, looking at my chainless, cassetteless CSI, but with an Oberon from Bell's Brewing in hand. I want to get that chain and cassette, but with gas at $4.20/gallon and several tanks in the past couple days, those things are going to wait.

- I am picking up overtime, paid at about $1.50/minute, in order to pay for said chain and cassette.

- For the first time in years, I feel fairly content in my employment situation.

- Spring is here in GRR. No summer yet, but it won't be long.

So far, so good. The cost of fuel for my airline has me seriously worried though......

dookie
05-16-2008, 06:38 PM
- Spring is here in GRR. No summer yet, but it won't be long.

summer in central NC? know what you're getting into? it's long like those MI winters...

saab2000
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
summer in central NC? know what you're getting into? it's long like those MI winters...

I am not worried about summer in NC. Believe it or not, summer in the upper Midwest can be pretty oppressive too. I am used to it.

Anyway, the winters in NC should help make up for it. Right now MI is where I own a house and store my toys and furniture. Who knows where I'll be in a year!! Five possibilities include right here in Grand Rapids, Los Angeles (or San Francisco), Dubai, Minneapolis or Raleigh, NC.

Aber am liebsten, Switzerland......

97CSI
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Everything is going well. 400+ miles YTD, in 2nd place in both .22LR iron-sight and military rifle competitions at the club (we won't talk about the bullseye pistol) and only 18 more teaching days before the school year ends. Be nice to have a bit more 'warm & dry' on the weekends, but every Spring is different. Have a good one.

jmeloy
05-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I also have a Zanc coming this summer and....

- oldest graduated from college last Saturday
- youngest home from university after getting accepted to School of Education
- got sent to a great heart doc who found out that I have an exercize induced blood pressure problem that CAN be addressed and WILL improve my riding!
- 2+ years with no cancer
- job's retty good
- great wife!

WOW, life ain't bad!
Jeff

I'm not fat
Etc...

hansolo758
05-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Great news, rphette. :beer: I'll have one for you and for the dog.

rphetteplace
05-16-2008, 08:39 PM
thanks guys. UW Veterinary Hospital in Madison Wisconsin definately made our summer much better.

Jack Brunk
05-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Zanc's building mine next week. Mike's been kind of quite for a while. Hope things are as scheduled. Wait till you see the build on this one.

PBWrench
05-16-2008, 09:12 PM
First bike ride today (12 miles on my ss) after a week in the hospital including 2 days in the ICU after surgery. Grateful to be with my family!!

saab2000
05-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Mike's busy. Making bikes.

I was there yesterday. We spent a couple hours measuring me and my Look and talking bikes. I hope we got it right! It's going to be terrific, I am sure of that.

mikki
05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I feel especially positive today and just noticed this sweet thread.

My good to report:

Been an extremely tough eight months financially for our business for a variety of reasons I wish I hadn't had to learn, but we have new management to help us, finally enough talented therapists to serve our clientele and just had the best mother's day sales in our history. And finally we are nominated for the best in Orange County & have moved (by web voters) up today into the #2 spot. And we are little guys compared to the others on the list!!

I have a great husband and a loving friend rolled up in one.

Have a great bike and loyal friends to ride with.

Weather is hot; too hot, but I love living near the ocean.

Life is good.

chuckroast
05-16-2008, 09:20 PM
...but I'm in.

My bride of 30 years this August still is my better half in all ways.

Our kids are doing great on their own and building success in their young careers.

I might groan every time I get out of a chair but when I sit in the saddle, it's still magic.

Fixed
05-16-2008, 09:24 PM

I might groan every time I get out of a chair but when I sit in the saddle, it's still magic.

nice bro
cheers

girlie
05-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Girlie .... Don't cry, you are breaking my heart ~! ;)

Most humans cry.....it's natural.....it is.

thinpin
05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Pegoretti build is now complete. First rain here for weeks and weeks and both are oh so beautiful! So Ill ride it on another fine day. :banana:

dave thompson
05-16-2008, 11:07 PM
No cycling content..........another reason for my happiness; my son returned from his third tour in Iraq and is home for a month. Semper Fi!

Lifelover
05-17-2008, 05:33 AM
No cycling content..........another reason for my happiness; my son returned from his third tour in Iraq and is home for a month. Semper Fi!

That's a win-win.

I'm happy that men like your son are willing to go!

Thank him for me(us).

dave thompson
05-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Hardened combat vet, trained to defend our country. :D

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3774/david31vl8.jpg

goldyjackson
05-17-2008, 08:41 PM
In no order...

lost 10 pounds that I've had for years after I gave up gluten
had an art opening for my photography last week (first of my life)
2 beautiful kids
a wife who still loves me
2 goldfish my kids brought home today from the local parade (Shad Derby)
All the love for Zank makes me remember how LUCKY I am to have one that fits me perfectly, and it wasn't made for me
It's good to be ALIVE

Fixed
05-17-2008, 08:44 PM

bro i bet you are proud nice pic. give him a hug from all us cats at the forum and say thank you for us
cheers :beer:

hansolo758
05-17-2008, 09:37 PM

Dave: Please thank him from me for his service and thanks for yours as well.

jmeloy
05-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Dave,
+10000000000000000000 on your son. God bless him.
JAM

vaxn8r
05-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Dave T. Your son is a stud!

mike p
05-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Dave, you've got to be really proud! What's he doing in his dress uniform? I can't get my son in his when he's home.

Mike

dave thompson
05-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Dave, you've got to be really proud! What's he doing in his dress uniform? I can't get my son in his when he's home.

Mike
I had nothing to do with his choosing to wear dress blues................. :cool:

M.Sommers
05-18-2008, 02:22 PM
The Cry is part of a series...and really only makes sense in person.....it is printed about 3feet x 3feet and GLOSS laminated. I took pictures of myself crying for a over a year (only when I was crying I didn't make myself cry) then edited it into a series.

So there it is.
girlie

Let me know when you do The Smile Series. :)

Green Eyes are MP.

Edit: Game 7 Celtics/Cavs are on now, I have Leffe Blonde (beer) and black bean soup for dinner. I'll be on the trainer for the whole game. The Celtics p*ss me off, they've struggled throughout the playoffs. Life is good. Life is a gift. Living can be tough at times, nothing is easy, but life is great.

girlie
05-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm watching the game as well:)
And if anyone was going to appreciate the cry series I thought it would be you...well such is life:)
Two sports I LOVE cycling and basketball....oh and I am not bad at either:)

I am the fifth cyclon!
and I think i just did the smile series:)
:)
girlie

zank
05-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Mine's like Shino's too, except for the not fat part. But I like being fat this time of year. It makes me feel faster in the fall after I go on the Jan-diet for cross.

rwsaunders
05-23-2008, 06:50 AM

Dave....tell your son to lay off the V8 while he's on leave or I'll have to call the shore patrol. :cool: