PDA

View Full Version : Cycling help for freinds moving to Asheville, NC

Bruce K
05-15-2008, 09:50 AM
A nice, younger couple I know is moving to the Asheville, NC area in 2 weeks.

They have both been racing for Senor Jerk's team for the last 2 years in both road and cross and are just a real treat to be around.

They are in need of cycling information for the area. Shops, clubs, teams, and routes or route resources.

Any help I can get them will be greatly appreciated. Pete has offered some information, but the more I can get them, the easier their transition to a new life will be.

Thanks in advance,

BK

justinf
05-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Blue Ridge Parkway = cycling nirvana. That's not news, but they will be stoked. If they make it down to Charlotte, I can help more.

BURCH
05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Never been there and can't offer any advice, but I consistently hear and read great things about that area. I bet they will love it.

Dave B
05-15-2008, 10:05 AM
They need to give up the road and try mtbing!

Carolina Fats is a shop near the bent creek area. They have a decent shop full of wonderful bikes and great ride options. I think they might run a team as well, so it might worth their time.

I am jealous!

Good luck to them!

jvp
05-15-2008, 12:25 PM
hearns cyclery downtown is a cool shop, liberty cycles is good too though the store is more boutique-y. There's a good mtn. bike shop in nearbye black mtn. too. Not all the road riding is mtns. (though there is no shortage of mtn. rides)...some nice routes follow river courses and flood plains and are relatively mellow. Boone is 1.5 car hours away, nice riding there too.