PDA

View Full Version : Bikes in the bedroom

ericspin
05-15-2008, 08:39 AM
I am working out of town right now and am renting a one bedroom apartment. Been a while since I lived in an apartment and it's just me and my dog........not bad! I've been keeping my bike in the bedroom and while this may sound silly I really enjoy being able to see it so often. I love the aesthetics of my bikes especially my fixie which is what I have with me. I have found myself critiqueing the location of things and have been fiddling with stuff like the bar flatness, saddle location, etc. Something tells me that my wife will not be so accepting of this new found source of enjoyment when I'm back at home full time.

I love bikes!! All of 'em!!

Eric

paczki
05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
The view from my side of the bed...

Fixed
05-15-2008, 08:57 AM
bro welcome to the fix fixation nothing is as good as a fixed gear for cats in florida you don't have to do anything ..i oil my chain a couple of times a month put air in once a week and it's always ready to go .. and always makes me feel better.... to feel the air on my face and the rhythm of my legs turning the pedals it is like a mantra a meditation that leaves me feeling refreshed and free .. I keep 2 bikes on hooks in my house my merckx and pacenti .. my fix stay out in the back yard shed ready to go and it does get used a lot I don't drive unless i have to
cheers

Karin Kirk
05-15-2008, 09:15 AM
The view from my side of the bed...

I always have my Kirk in the bedroom too! :)

Keith A
05-15-2008, 09:18 AM
How about this guy's bedroom...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2229824418_0da85463f2.jpg?v=0

Keith A
05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I always have my Kirk in the bedroom too! :)I would even speculate that your Kirk might even be in your bed :eek:

Blue Jays
05-15-2008, 09:25 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2229824418_0da85463f2.jpg?v=0I would hang the bikes from the ceiling joists at an angle so the tires didn't contact the freshly-painted white walls. :)

paczki
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
That's also how Trish Cohen feels about her Segal.

Keith A
05-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I would hang the bikes from the ceiling joists at an angle so the tires didn't contact the freshly-painted white walls. :)BTW, this isn't my bedroom...just a picture I found on the Internet. Besides, I keep all my bikes in the dinning room :rolleyes:

Keith A
05-15-2008, 09:28 AM
That's also how Trish Cohen feels about her Segal.Well it is a white bike you know :D

Fixed
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
i know her I have been on many rides with her..i remember when she could not hold her line for anything ..she is a lawyer in tampa .. and not very friendly imho
cheers

paczki
05-15-2008, 10:06 AM
i know her I have been on many rides with her..i remember when she could not hold her line for anything ..she is a lawyer in tampa .. and not very friendly imho
cheers

Too bad, because she's real funny.

M.Sommers
05-15-2008, 10:12 AM
All of you have serious issues. And I cannot relate to them at all. No, nope, not at all.

:beer:

gdw
05-15-2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1569272/Man-who-had-sex-with-bicycle-sentenced.html

Blue Jays
05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
"...i know her I have been on many rides with her. i remember when she could not hold her line for anything...she is a lawyer in tampa and not very friendly imho..."That's too bad since she looks like a pleasant enough kid.

http://www.butlerpappas.com/images/bio/627_Image.jpg

CMY
05-15-2008, 10:54 AM
My bike likes to watch... :cool:

BumbleBeeDave
05-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I always have my Kirk in the bedroom too! :)

. . . TMI, Karin! :eek: :p ;)

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
. . . but in the winter I usually keep my Legend in my office bedroom where I can turn around and look at it while working. It's a beautiful piece of machinery and the sight is comforting in Deepest January when it's very dark and very cold outside. A reminder of good times past with friiends and good times to come again in the spring! :)

BBD

mflaherty37
05-15-2008, 07:32 PM

William
05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
http://www.azstarnet.com/ss/2007/03/13/173173-1.jpg

Ok, Mrs. William won't let me keep the Effin Cross Bike in the bedroom. So, it sits in the living room where actually, I get to admire it a lot more.

William

WickedWheels
05-15-2008, 11:23 PM

Wow! She F$#%ed the wheels right off that bike!!!

mcoven
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
We always have at least 3 bikes in our bedroom and sometimes as many as 5... Today it is 4! Aahhhh, life in the big city = creative use of space. :rolleyes:

brians647
05-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow! She F$#%ed the wheels right off that bike!!!

HA! That's funny. I'm envious of the bike. :banana:

EDS
05-16-2008, 02:13 PM
We always have at least 3 bike in our bedroom and sometimes as many as 5... Today it is 4! Aahhhh, life in the big city = creative use of space. :rolleyes:

You have to loce NYC. My wife would divorce me if I left my bikes in the bedroom. Heck, we don't even want a TV in there so I guess she has a point. Now the second bedroom, that is a different story. Once we have a kid though I fear my bikes (and hers) are destined for the buildings bike room. We have been looking at apartments lately and one of the things we always need to keep in mind - where to put the bikes?

rwsaunders
05-16-2008, 05:13 PM
cheers

I can't tell by the photo if she has lawyer tabs on her fork or not.

jimcav
05-17-2008, 06:09 PM

like the rest of it?

nothing is sadder then the 2 times each year the navy does it's physical readiness test (which is a joke) and i see the sailors heave themselves across the 1.5 mile finish line and immediately light up.

jim

L84dinr
05-17-2008, 09:47 PM
I am working out of town right now and am renting a one bedroom apartment. Been a while since I lived in an apartment and it's just me and my dog........not bad! I've been keeping my bike in the bedroom and while this may sound silly I really enjoy being able to see it so often. I love the aesthetics of my bikes especially my fixie which is what I have with me. I have found myself critiqueing the location of things and have been fiddling with stuff like the bar flatness, saddle location, etc. Something tells me that my wife will not be so accepting of this new found source of enjoyment when I'm back at home full time.

I love bikes!! All of 'em!!

Eric
WHile it wasnt the bedroom and it wasnt a bike, it had two wheels and a glorious sounding tractor of a wee motor... i used to keep my Moto Guzzi V50 Monza in the foyer as one entered our house. Was a great conversation starter. Didnt bother the spousal unit at all.
of all the M/C's ive owned and sold i wish i had it back.
rtp

pdonk
05-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Right now there is one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen and one in the back seat of my car.

I keep my beater in the kitchen as it is the ridden the most and it makes it easy to get too.

My dekerf is in the car as I plan on riding this weekend.

In the winter all three live in the bedroom.