PDA

View Full Version : Glue for base tape tubular tires

toaster
05-14-2008, 11:35 PM
What kind of glue do I need to re-glue some base tape back down on a tubular tire?

toaster
05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
What!

The forum may be in trouble when a thread about tubular tire repair draws no reply.

regularguy412
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
-- may infer the need for use of the 'search' feature.

I'm not trying to be a wiseacre, but I think this subject has been covered pretty well in the past. I typed in "base tape" and one of the first threads to come up was this one:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=45145&highlight=base+tape

With all the recent issues regarding Forum fragility, server space and server maintenance can be reduced by not covering the same threads repeatedly.

Hope the link helps.

Mike in AR :beer:

toaster
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks.

Now I feel like a real turd.

Not really, but I could've used the search feature. However I don't feel bad about the space on the server when I see the bulk of what's on the forum these days.

Regarding my original question, Google Jevelot Tire Life on the Google Shopping page and you get many results.

Apparently, you can also use products from Home Depot, Lowes, that are latex carpet adhesives as well.

regularguy412
05-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I kinda feel bad now. There's really not a diplomatic way to say 'use the search feature'. But I think there's generally not enough searching done on forum threads prior to posting. However, searching and finding kinda eliminates the personal interaction that really 'makes' it a forum -- sort of a Catch 22.

After thinking about this further, it's also likely that some of the forumites who would normally respond to this type of post may be taking a sabbatical.

------------------

I currently have a spare tubie that needs this a bit of base tape re-glued right around where the valve stem comes through. I've been putting it off, since I have a few extra spares to use,, although they have never been glued-up and mounted -- only stretched on rims.

So, I guess this means that I'm in the market for some Jevelot or similar, too with which to do the repair.

Mike in AR:beer:

djg
05-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Just got some Jevelot from worldclasscycles -- quick shipping, no worries.

theprep
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Elmers "Rubber Cement" has worked for me in the past.

I used it to glue down the base tape on a couple of tubular,tube repairs.