PDA

View Full Version : OT: DarrenCT down under??

jmeloy
05-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Wondered where he was this week!!

Man Puts Seatbelts On Beer, Not 5-Year Old Child

May 13, 2008 9:46 p.m. EST

Jupiter Kalambakal - AHN News Writer

Sydney, Australia (AHN) - Local police arrested a driver who allegedly used a seatbelt to secure a carton of beer, and not the 5-year old child riding with him.

Authorities involved in the investigation were reportedly "shocked and appalled" at the apparent priorities the man had, as he was driving along the Ross Highway near Alice Springs.

"I haven't ever seen something like this before," said Constable Wayne Burnett, according to Agence France-Presse. "There were four adults in the car, two in the front seat and two in the back seats and in between those two adults there was the carton of beer strapped in with the belt."

"The child was sitting in the lump in the center, unrestrained," he continued.

Burnett said that the man showed no remorse after being handed the $750 ticket.

"I asked him about the fact the child was unrestrained and the beer was, and he said he didn't know anything about it," he said, as quoted by the AAP.

THE DANGER OF FOSTERS!!

-JAM

fiamme red
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
And it wasn't even a keg (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=541039&postcount=25)!

jmeloy
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
it's their english heritage!

Jeff Weir
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I happen to live in the same town as darrenct. I read in the police blotter that he was arrested for drinking a beer that was too warm. Hang in there, he'll be back as soon as bail is posted. His father in law, A. Busch. is arranging the legal team.
Details to come........

maunahaole
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I can't picture Darren drinking Fosters, even in a moment of desperation.

Louis
05-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I read in the police blotter that he was arrested for drinking a beer that was too warm.

I heard he was arrested for disguising himself as a Dalmatian (or was it a Clydesdale?) and sneaking into the AB brewery down on Pestalozzi to steal some Bud Light. :no:

http://www.classiccitybrew.com/stlouis_tanks.JPG