PDA

View Full Version : Six Gap in GA

WadePatton
05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Anybody ever do this ride? Six Gap Century & Three Gap Fifty. Which "boasts many of the same roads and mountain climbs as the elite Tour de Georgia."

http://www.cyclenorthgeorgia.com/

I'm already committed to the Fool's Gold 50/100--but that's an off-road deal.

Pete Serotta
05-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Yes, I did it two years ago....RA and some of her Florida crew were on the ride. I really enjoyed the ride but not the rain....PETE

Anybody ever do this ride? Six Gap Century & Three Gap Fifty. Which "boasts many of the same roads and mountain climbs as the elite Tour de Georgia."

http://www.cyclenorthgeorgia.com/

I'm already committed to the Fool's Gold 50/100--but that's an off-road deal.

Geoff
05-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Have done it may times and it is always a blast even in the rain, Pete. I am pretty sure the TdG has been on every strech but not all at once usually 2-3 climbs on the Brasstown stage.

G

Michael Maddox
05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes! Come and join the Higher Ground (Tallahassee, FL) crew for this year's ride! It's a truly great ride, harder than heck, with some great climbing and hair-raising descents. Good sag, good crowd, and great scenery, too. Highly recommended for the rider who THINKS he can climb.

For more fun, make sure to ride Brasstown Bald the day after!

dancinkozmo
05-15-2008, 06:39 AM
thanks for the info....i've motorcycled a lot of those roads, its a heck of a hilly ride !!

Elefantino
05-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Geoff: It was NOT fun in the rain. The first descent two years ago was sketchy because everyone was gripping hard trying to decide whether to go six or three ... we finally bagged it atop Jack's when the lightning started and did four.

That aside, have done the six many times and it's a blast. We get a good group driving up from Jax every year; eight of us are already registered and hoteled for September.

Hogpen rocks. And it sucks.

Geoff
05-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Geoff: It was NOT fun in the rain. The first descent two years ago was sketchy because everyone was gripping hard trying to decide whether to go six or three ... we finally bagged it atop Jack's when the lightning started and did four.

That aside, have done the six many times and it's a blast. We get a good group driving up from Jax every year; eight of us are already registered and hoteled for September.

Hogpen rocks. And it sucks.

It sucked during but the stories after were worth it. That year it stopped raining by the time we got to Unicoi nad was perfect the rest of the day. Yeah it was a little white knucle on the first decent but not to bad after that, I was more cold than anyting. We need to hook up this year. FWIW my times are always just about the same nomater the weather, not sure what that says about my riding.

G