PDA

View Full Version : Painting carbon- my choices?

scpknees
05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey,

I have a carbon frame with just a clear coat, and im debating on having it painted. could i please get some feedback on who does quality work for carbon paint jobs, plus im not aware of all the different types of paints to choose from. which would be the best choice. clearcoat too or pass?
As always feedback is much appreciated

Thanks much!

Charles M
05-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I use xtremeairbrushdesigns.com Miachael Cayer.

Good stuff, reasobanly quick and priced below just about everyone else for high detail stuff

duke
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I think Calfee will paint it for you. They have years of experience with carbon so I'm sure they have a handle on it. I have seen some of their paint jobs and they looked nice. My Calfee is nude carbon so no first hand experience.
duke

matthewJ
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Keith anderson (http://www.keithandersoncycles.com/) The guy can paint anything. Painted the carbon/steel bike I built for myself, three years on and the clear on the carbon is perfect.

Acotts
05-14-2008, 02:24 PM
WHo had the Serotta with the blue fade into carbon? That is one of my all time favorite paint jobs.

vaxn8r
05-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Calfee will paint it for you. They have years of experience with carbon so I'm sure they have a handle on it. I have seen some of their paint jobs and they looked nice. My Calfee is nude carbon so no first hand experience.
duke
You have to be careful removing a finish from carbon. Make sure they know what they are doing. I know Calfee would do what you want. I think they charge $250 to completely strip the finish. Paint can be $ whatever.