PDA

View Full Version : Bogus account update email from ebay

gwk
01-06-2004, 06:42 PM
FYI: I received an email today which appeared to be genuinely from ebay. It read as follows:

Dear Customer ,

We have reviewed all accounts and your information do not match.

Please use the link below to update your information as needed (link intentionally left off)

I clicked on the link and it took me to what appeared to be a genuine ebay update webpage. The fact that the first sentence had "do" instead of "does" made me suspicious. I forwarded the email to spoof@ebay.com and immediately got an email back stating that the email in question was bogus. Luckily I didn't fill in any of the requested info. on the linked webpage. Beware!! George :crap:

larryp2
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I get those in one form or another once or twice a week....

terry b
01-06-2004, 07:07 PM
had one from Paypal and one from eBay. I was about to fill out the Paypal form when I realized there was no lock icon in the zone pane and that they were asking for odd things (such as mother's maiden name) that Paypal had not asked for during my original registration. I must say the spoof on the mail was pretty well done.

Too Tall
01-08-2004, 07:16 AM
I recently got one from ATT (isp) and from my domain name provider. Both were serioulsy flawed but one even went as far as to send snail mail....which slipped past me and the wife PAID them!!!! Oh good gravy.

glaucman
01-08-2004, 07:46 AM
I received that same Ebay bogus email and notified them as well.