Very cool.

jsfoster
05-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Great site, thanks for clueing us in,
Jon

charlie
05-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Beatnick,

Like the Racing Biike collection, especially the Moorson. I own a Moorson Twintube, Duralite was the model name, and I was a friend, by post only I'm afraid, of Norman Moore, who was one of the sons in Moorson. He was a very obliging person with a great style of writing. His letters were just like a conversation. He told me (as I'm a Scot) that he and his brother had, in the mid thirties, worked 48 hours non-stop to complete three bike orders, one of which was to be delivered to the Waverley Station in Edinburgh, that had to be delivered before the spring holiday. He said the he had taken the finished bikes to the railway station by riding one, the second he held by the stem and the third one slung round his neck like a haversack. By chance, I was able to tell him that the bike for the Scots rider had indeed arrived on time. I knew this because I had been in the Boy Scouts with the gentleman's son, and I was happy to tell him that the said Jackie Cruikshanks had gone on to win the East of Scotland Roadrace Championship that year - on his beloved Moorson.

Norman died from cancer in the 1990's and I wrote a 900 word obituary for a then popular lifestyle cycling magazine. When I took it into the editor, he read it, threw it back at me and said, 'my readers don't have the attention span for a 900 word article'!

If you've got the internet up there, Norman Cheers, we love you. Charlie

L84dinr
05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for sharing your memories.

sincerely, Raymond

Karl Lee
05-25-2008, 04:00 PM
That is a great website. Where do you find out about this stuff all the time? haha. Makes me want to ditch my carbon and grab one of my old steel bikes for my ride tomorrow...dang where are my leather strap pedals. haha. Thanks for posting.