PDA

View Full Version : Quill Stem Sources?

FierteTi52
09-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Today I went for a ride on my 1991 NHX. The bike was lonely hanging in the basement calling out my name. I have other more modern bikes to ride instead, so I haven't ridden it since last year. I really enjoyed riding the bike and the memories that went along with it. My fit has changed since I originally built the bike and now I need a longer stem. The bike has Cinelli 26.4 diameter bars and a Cinelli XA stem. I need a longer stem and don't want to replace the bars so I'm looking for a new XA. I did a search and found a web site " Campy Only" who has them. Any other suggestions one were to find them? I'm looking for a 100mm.
Jeff

Big Dan
09-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Fierte, I sold my quill stems on ebay. You can always get some there. Other places like Nashbar and Colorado Cyclist carry a limited amount. Some people like the Nitto, although I think it looks more like a Cinelli 1A than a XA..
Enjoy the hunt... :D

Larry
09-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Take a look at www.yamaguchibikes.com

I will have an adjustable quill stem available in one week.
I am going threadless on my Csi.

It is a Giant EXT pro adjustable. It gets the bars up there very well.
It is not the most beautiful stem, but it works.

Larry in Dallas

FierteTi52
09-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. For those who don't know, Cinelli had a propritetary bar diameter of 26.4mm. Therefore I need a Cinelli XA stem only. otherwise I would have to change the bars to use any other brand stem.
Jeff

Big Dan
09-25-2004, 05:40 PM
In that case No Nitto for you , I think the Nitto is 25.4.. :crap: Still the Cinelli 1A could work , not as pretty as the XA. The XA that I had was 26.0 not 26.4...Again good luck..