PDA

View Full Version : Well, I found my hammer - thanks to a big white dog

Tom
05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
with the head of a bull terrier and the speed of something else. I was minding my own business riding down some road because I got slightly lost when down the bank it came with a pretty good line on me.

20 to 35 in what seemed like eight pedal revs. It never had a chance.

"I'm back" I smiled.

I spent the rest of the day cranking it, enjoying the attitude change.

Sandy
05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Stop next time, and say hello to the dog. You might both like it. Bull Terriers are without a doubt some of the neatest dogs ever created.

Sandy

Tom
05-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Normally I do stop and make friends. This dog, though, clearly had other designs. It was all business.

mister
05-12-2008, 10:35 AM
yeah. usually if you stop the doggies will be nice.
i've met a few nice bull terriers and more than a few nice american or staffy terriers.

going to the store one night i'm cruising through the neighborhood on my track bike maybe 15mph, cadence is is kinda low. i hear a tag rattle then something scuffling through some leaves and grass. i look back and see a dog hauling ass towards me. i was already moving a bit so it took me no time to get up to a very high rate of speed. i was surprised the dog stayed with me so long though.

i came back the same way from the store because i knew the dog would be out. so when he ran at me i stopped and put my bike down and my hand...he stopped, looked at me licked my hand then turned around. turns out his owners were right there trying to catch him. whenever he gets out he chases cars down the street and tries to bite the rear tire. i saw him do it. he was a fast little jerk. had no problem keeping up with cars going 25-30 mph.

malcolm
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Not this one I hope.

JohnS
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
That looks like Don Cherry's old dog.