jmc22
05-11-2008, 06:39 PM

J.Greene
05-11-2008, 06:52 PM

It's old news. I wish you'd have told us earlier. :beer:

JG

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 06:55 PM
. . . about a minute after it happened--with no spoiler warning in the thread subject line. :no:

BBD

J.Greene
05-11-2008, 07:10 PM
. . . about a minute after it happened--with no spoiler warning in the thread subject line. :no:

BBD

I know, it was a joke.

JG

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
. . . sorry, JG. My bad . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

bostondrunk
05-11-2008, 07:25 PM
at least we won't have to see his stupid mustache anymore during the Giro..

shanerpvt
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
does anyone know if this injury will put him out of the Tour?

PaMtbRider
05-11-2008, 07:52 PM
You just don't get it, do you? If I was a moderator I would do much more than change the title of your post. After trying to educate you about forum courtesy with SPOILER in your previous post title you feel you have to make another post. You sir are socially immature and a twit :bike:

brians647
05-11-2008, 07:58 PM
You just don't get it, do you? If I was a moderator I would do much more than change the title of your post. After trying to educate you about forum courtesy with SPOILER in your previous post title you feel you have to make another post. You sir are socially immature and a twit :bike:

No, knucklehead gets it. Problem is, he/she's intent on pissing people off. Perhaps he/she thinks it's funny.

Congrats, JMC22, before we suspected you were annoying. Now, you've confirmed it. :hello:

Ginger
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Every season we always have one otherwise intelligent person who spent all that time watching whatever tour it is instead of riding their bike determined to ruin the thrill of discovery for those of us who were out riding our bikes or taking our mothers to breakfast/lunch/dinner at the time the race was on....

:)

never fails.

csm
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
play nice

jmc22
05-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Please show me where what I did was wrong and not permitted in this forum!!!

I'll bet you that you can't...

Just another whinner..why don't you go clean your bike chain or something productive and adjust your training wheels on your Huffy

jmc22
05-12-2008, 10:35 AM
No, knucklehead gets it. Problem is, he/she's intent on pissing people off. Perhaps he/she thinks it's funny.

Congrats, JMC22, before we suspected you were annoying. Now, you've confirmed it. :hello:

You're are more than welcome to come to Colorado and back up that statement any day of the week, let me know and I'll pick you up at the airport...it won't take that long so you can get a quick return flight back to your trailer-park

Chad Engle
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Some rules aren't written, they're just plain common courtesy.

Threats of violence? That is definitely covered in the rules. :no:

jmc22
05-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Some rules aren't written, they're just plain common courtesy.

Threats of violence? That is definitely covered in the rules. :no:

Where did I say there was violence involved...?

I think your perception was taken out of your thinking and not what was actually written....

Ginger
05-12-2008, 11:21 AM
You're are more than welcome to come to Colorado and back up that statement any day of the week, let me know and I'll pick you up at the airport...it won't take that long so you can get a quick return flight back to your trailer-park

Really? You don't see it?

gdw
05-12-2008, 11:22 AM
"You're are more than welcome to come to Colorado and back up that statement any day of the week, let me know and I'll pick you up at the airport...it won't take that long so you can get a quick return flight back to your trailer-park"

jmc22
05-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Really? You don't see it?

Nope... I don't see any threat in what I said, I'm not going to his state to confront him...I invited him here to Beautiful Colorado...dam.. I didn't even call him names like he did to me...all I did was to ask him to back up what he said to me in person...

Then again, I'm no lawyer are you Ginger?

Now if you want to get back and talk about some serious things like others have talked about here on the forum other than cycling... pick one - there have been some good ones of late...
Old Time Hockey
Digital Cameras
Twizzlers - which flavor is best...
Tonights Idol

And you bust my chops... too funny

Karin Kirk
05-12-2008, 11:59 AM
jmc22 = ignore button

Such an easy solution!
There are enough jerks in everyday life - I don't need to encounter any more than necessary here.
Join me people, in use of the ignore button instead of provoking (or even responding to) others! :)

jmc22
05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
jmc22 = ignore button

Such an easy solution!
There are enough jerks in everyday life - I don't need to encounter any more than necessary here.
Join me people, in use of the ignore button instead of provoking (or even responding to) others! :)

So let me guesss that you also don't want to hear that Liquigas's Daniele Bennati won todays stage 3?...

Personally I would rather go to Staples & get the Easy button

brians647
05-12-2008, 12:41 PM

Gee, thanks for the invite. You don't sound or act at ALL like someone who's immature, angry at the world, and out to prove a point. Nope. Not one bit. The fact that the whole forum has called you out on it may not have registered with you yet.

Or maybe it has, as that's likely what you wanted. Congrats.

Karin got it right when she suggested adding you to the ignore list. (Is there a "pathetic" list?)

By the way, I never say things I can't, or am not willing, to back up. But I ain't flying out to Colorado to do so.

Have a great day! :)

DarrenCT
05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Nope... I don't see any threat in what I said, I'm not going to his state to confront him...I invited him here to Beautiful Colorado...dam.. I didn't even call him names like he did to me...all I did was to ask him to back up what he said to me in person...

Then again, I'm no lawyer are you Ginger?

Now if you want to get back and talk about some serious things like others have talked about here on the forum other than cycling... pick one - there have been some good ones of late...
Old Time Hockey
Digital Cameras
Twizzlers - which flavor is best...
Tonights Idol

And you bust my chops... too funny

http://www.depression-help-resource.com

brians647
05-12-2008, 12:53 PM

HA!!

Lifelover
05-12-2008, 12:53 PM
jmc22 = ignore button

Such an easy solution!

I don't know that I will always be able to always practice "safe surfing", but I will try and start here.

Unfortunately, it does not prevent you from seeing the thread title of the poster on "ignore".

jmc22
05-12-2008, 12:58 PM

Coming from first hand experience, how did the program work for you Darren?

jmc22
05-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Gee, thanks for the invite. You don't sound or act at ALL like someone who's immature, angry at the world, and out to prove a point. Nope. Not one bit. The fact that the whole forum has called you out on it may not have registered with you yet.

Or maybe it has, as that's likely what you wanted. Congrats.

Karin got it right when she suggested adding you to the ignore list. (Is there a "pathetic" list?)

By the way, I never say things I can't, or am not willing, to back up. But I ain't flying out to Colorado to do so.

Have a great day! :)

Well the invite stands...

Cowboy Up!!

bhungerford
05-12-2008, 01:04 PM

DarrenCT
05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Coming from first hand experience, how did the program work for you Darren?

just google'ed that for you bro

figured u need something like that in order to cheer ya up

good luck

Matt-H
05-12-2008, 01:12 PM
i am with karin. this guy has spent the better part of three hours feeding off of everyone's responses. hit the button!

Pete Serotta
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Please chill, You did not violate any rules (up until the last few notes that is).

Additionally, I am sure you did not look at the rules ahead of time to see if you did either :cool: :cool:

What folks are saying is to not spoil the outcome for them....Just a thing on manners as viewed by them.....Simple request. :)

Thanks

Where did I say there was violence involved...?

I think your perception was taken out of your thinking and not what was actually written....

Gothard
05-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Pete,
You are far too diplomatic. I would have burned his account, and sent his IP to Mars.

Dave B
05-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Pete,
You are far too diplomatic. I would have burned his account, and sent his IP to Mars.

Word!

bostondrunk
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
This happens every year during the major races. Anyone who has been around here for a while knows that if you don't want to know the result of a race taking place on a given day, to stay OFF the bike forums. This is nothing new.
Now if the OP is willing to pitch in for the plane ticket, I'll be more than happy to visit Colorado for some riding and beer. :)

jmc22
05-12-2008, 02:04 PM
This happens every year during the major races. Anyone who has been around here for a while knows that if you don't want to know the result of a race taking place on a given day, to stay OFF the bike forums. This is nothing new.
Now if the OP is willing to pitch in for the plane ticket, I'll be more than happy to visit Colorado for some riding and beer. :)

There are great road & Mtn bike rides out here that we can do & when done, pop open a cold one or two...

jmc22
05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Please chill, You did not violate any rules (up until the last few notes that is).

Additionally, I am sure you did not look at the rules ahead of time to see if you did either :cool: :cool:

What folks are saying is to not spoil the outcome for them....Just a thing on manners as viewed by them.....Simple request. :)

Thanks

Pete:

If that is what they would have said in the first place & had been as nice with their response as you were with yours, it never would have gotten to this point.

I just find it amusing that we all have a common interest here afterall...that being Serotta bicycles and our love to ride them!!

Avispa
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Pete:

If that is what they would have said in the first place & had been as nice with their response as you were with yours, it never would have gotten to this point.

+1, +1 No kidding!

I understand both sides here! But for some reason, I think this is one of the few (or the one) forums that gets hysterical about someone posting a race result...

C'mon people! It's a stupid bike race! If jmc22 posted something, he didn't do it with the intention of pissing anyone....

I could care less is someone told here the results of a race/stage. I still want to see the results on TV/web video feed and read the full report on cyclingnews.com!

Chill out!

..A..

brians647
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
If jmc22 posted something, he didn't do it with the intention of pissing anyone....

Chill out!

..A..

Okay, Avispa, I agree with you on the chill out part.

However, he posted the results TWICE (because he didn't want to/liked being be told what was acceptable to do, or having the thread title changed) and then provided another spoiler today. His intentions are clear.

jmc22
05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Wait... the title today said Spolier like I was asked to do... so what did I do wrong?

regularguy412
05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Wait... the title today said Spolier like I was asked to do... so what did I do wrong?

I can't find the thread just now, but I think the general consensus is to NOT put the actual information IN the title that IS the spoiler.

e.g.: SPOILER: Giro Stage 3 Results -- <- acceptable

SPOILER: Giro Stage 3 -- (insert name of rider here) WINS!<- unacceptable

Mike in AR:beer:

Pete Serotta
05-12-2008, 03:19 PM
wine time AND I wish I was in Colorado to ride...Please lets close this... I am going to try something that a wise gentleman named GRANT suggested...do not close it BUT lets move on.

THANKS

Sandy
05-12-2008, 03:23 PM

What may I ask does this have to do with depression, please?

Sandy

Pete Serotta
05-12-2008, 03:26 PM
closed