PDA

View Full Version : **Somebody** crashes out of Giro - bummer (Spoiler)

jmc22
05-11-2008, 09:30 AM
04:18 PM: Crash!
There has been a crash in the peloton and David Zabriskie is on the side of the road... he's not getting up, but he is sitting up and holding his back. He looks shaken.
04:20 PM: Zabriskie
looks quite shaken. He's still not getting up. He is being attended to by medical personnel and his team staff are there with a new bike, just in case he does opt to continue, but it doesn't look likely, right now.
04:22 PM: Ambulance crew
the attending ambulance crew have broken out the gurney and Zabriskie is being lifted on to it for a trip to the hospital. We didn't see the crash, but we'd have to guess that he touched a wheel at the front of the field.
04:23 PM: Zabriskie
is being taken to the hospital. He's out of the Giro d'Italia. Bad luck for the team of the race leader.

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 09:56 AM
. . . wait until the stage is over to SPOIL it? :no:

Or maybe, just POSSIBLY put "Spoiler" in the subject of your thread instead of GIVING IT ALL AWAY? :butt:

Thanks . . . :D

BBD

mikki
05-11-2008, 10:41 AM

Or maybe, just POSSIBLY put "Spoiler" in the subject of your thread instead of GIVING IT ALL AWAY? :butt:

BBD

+1. Thanks

Ginger
05-11-2008, 10:45 AM

BBD

I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't dawn on people who post spoilers that everyone looking at the thread has the internet too and would have that information if they wanted it before it was posted here...it's not like they're at the side of the road and witness some interesting thing that isn't caught by the media...*those* posts are cool.

:) :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
This happens every year with the grand tours and everyone new has to learn the lesson again. I strongly doubt most people who post this stuff are doing so on purpose. Yep, I do have the internet too, but I'd just like to go there a bit later today and read the whole race coverage without having to sit at the keyboard during the whole stage.

BBD

Ginger
05-11-2008, 12:28 PM
This happens every year with the grand tours and everyone new has to learn the lesson again. I strongly doubt most people who post this stuff are doing so on purpose. Yep, I do have the internet too, but I'd just like to go there a bit later today and read the whole race coverage without having to sit at the keyboard during the whole stage.

BBD

Yeah...me too.

I suppose you couldn't just delete the threads or change the titles to Spoiler without actually reading the body of the thread?
(I mean...hey...you're a moderator...) :)

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 12:48 PM
There--that should fix it!

Ginger, have I told you lately that you're a genius? :p

BBD

Ginger
05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
There--that should fix it!

Ginger, have I told you lately that you're a genius? :p

BBD

No, but thanks...I'll write that on the calendar.

flux
05-11-2008, 02:31 PM
guy can't handle a bike.

bye!

knock on wood

jmc22
05-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Bunch of Whiners on this board...

You edit my posting because 2 people had an issue with "reading it here 1st"..

grow up & get a life.. or at least ride your bicycle instead of just talking about riding it...

:butt:

a100mark
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM

grow up & get a life.. or at least ride your bicycle instead of just talking about riding it...

Not cool, dude. We try to show respect to one another by not "spoiling" a major racing event.

So what, you did something that's not PC on this board and others talked about it. So now you've taken it even further, to what end? What are you looking to gain/accomplish?

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 06:59 PM
. . . because this is a recurring problem. Multiple complaints on multiple threads in past years when someone posts spoiler info without labeling it as such. no shortage of complaints about this type of behavior. I'll do it again unless Serotta Pete instructs me not to.

And BTW, I did have a very nice ride yesterday with 5 buddies up to the Saratoga Springs Starbuck's and back . . . 50 miles, 18.7 average. Beautiful day, beautiful ride . . . Hope to get out tomorrow evening for 25 or so.

BBD

dave thompson
05-11-2008, 07:12 PM

Lesson here my friend is not to post a spoiler headline. If you want to tell us the news, post SPOILER in title. That will allow us to choose whether or not we read it.

BumbleBeeDave
05-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Lesson here my friend is not to post a spoiler headline. If you want to tell us the news, post SPOILER in title. That will allow us to choose whether or not we read it.

. . . It's that simple.

BBD

Pete Serotta
05-11-2008, 07:26 PM
thanks Dave....

Pete

neverraced
05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes, it is very rude to spoil the outcome of a grand tour before the riders themselves have the chance to do so...
Rasmussen, Vino, Floyd...

How could you really care anymore?

And if you know it's going to happen why not avoid the Forum until you've watched the race?

toaster
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Please say spoiler especially when you are about to post winning numbers for tomorrow's Mega PowerBall lottery!

Thank you.

BoulderGeek
05-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I am at the South Pole. We don't have Internet 24 hours a day. Some days, we don't have Internet.

I resent the assumption that everyone has internet 24x7.

Some of us are in the...what's below Third World?

:argue: :banana: :butt: ;) :D :no:

jmc22
05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
thanks Dave....

Pete

I totally disagree here, please show me where in the Serotta "rule book" for posting under the forum that what I did was wrong....

Some people may not have been happy with it, but I think others were 100% okay with it.

What I think was wrong was Ginger making her decision based on others peer-pressure and changing my post...whereas she had no right to.

I don't want to fence here.. but a forum that is based on what some think is something they don't want to read & changing it is...well wrong!!

Chad Engle
05-12-2008, 10:35 AM
This has been covered in the past. Out of courtesy it would be nice to put "spoiler" in the title of posts that state the results of a race.

Though I agree it seems they piled on you a little hard in the beginning.

JohnS
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Though I agree it seems they piled on you a little hard in the beginning.He's been a member since October, 2004. He should know what the "rules" are.

Chad Engle
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
It may have been a simple mistake in which case a polite reminder would have been sufficient. Just my opinion. :)

bhungerford
05-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Not a mistake in my opinion, dude did it the other day too. it's just a courtesy thing to label these types of posts as "Spoiler - Giro Stage Results"

jmc22
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
He's been a member since October, 2004. He should know what the "rules" are.

Member since 10/04, 74 posts to date as I have other things to do than post on forums...riding Serotta's since 1986 with my 1st Colorado II - Magenta & Chartruce

Show me these "rules" of the Serotta forum so I will know them....

Or can't you produce them as they are the "adopted rules" of a few?

Kirk007
05-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Enough folks have asked that this not be done; it makes sense and seems like common courtesy. What's the problem with complying with the request? Your vociferous defense of your "right" to post whatever you please with disregard for others begs the question: what are you getting out of the post? If its the desire to share information with others how is that impeded by the use of the word spoiler?

Given your repeated posts this week on the Giro and your response to Karin with today's response, seems like the adage "fooled me once shame on me, fooled me twice (thrice?) shame on you" fully applies here.

gdw
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
He doesn't have a history of abusive posts and probably had a few too many flats this weekend while battling the headwinds. Let's move on.

Pete Serotta
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Drink and be merry ,,,THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL (not empty),,,, THe good guys (and gals) will rule, and go ride,,, :banana: :banana:
:butt: not allowed
:beer: allowed

Enough folks have asked that this not be done; it makes sense and seems like common courtesy. What's the problem with complying with the request? Your vociferous defense of your "right" to post whatever you please with disregard for others begs the question: what are you getting out of the post? If its the desire to share information with others how is that impeded by the use of the word spoiler?

Given your repeated posts this week on the Giro and your response to Karin with today's response, seems like the adage "fooled me once shame on me, fooled me twice (thrice?) shame on you" fully applies here.

jmc22
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
He doesn't have a history of abusive posts and probably had a few too many flats this weekend while battling the headwinds. Let's move on.

Actually it snowed here on Saturady, we had 6" fall in the high country & the winds were quite bad, Sunday was a nicer day....

Moving on....

Pete Serotta
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
moving on is good for all of us.. (I am getting confuses by the cross talk among threads.

Closed