PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks going out to the Jerk

Jack Brunk
05-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I received my Merckx EXM yesterday afternoon. It was the best packing job to date. All I had to do was put the stem on, front brake put on and add my wheels. Everything on the bike worked perfectly so I took on a local supported century ride today and it worked perfectly. Amazing that you can get a bike 3000 plus miles away and it is awesome to have a great shop available like it's right down the street.

Thanks Jerk.

Fixed
05-10-2008, 07:36 PM
there is only one sir jerk
cheers imho :beer: :beer:

TMB
05-10-2008, 07:44 PM
You should have the decency to post pics of the subject EXM.

I am scheduled to attend a climbing camp next weekend hosted by Axel Merckx. I expect I will see his EXM before we start, and after we finish.

I received my Merckx EXM yesterday afternoon. It was the best packing job to date. All I had to do was put the stem on, front brake put on and add my wheels. Everything on the bike worked perfectly so I took on a local supported century ride today and it worked perfectly. Amazing that you can get a bike 3000 plus miles away and it is awesome to have a great shop available like it's right down the street.

Thanks Jerk.

Blue Jays
05-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Nice job, jerk! :beer:

Jack Brunk
05-10-2008, 08:19 PM
You should have the decency to post pics of the subject EXM.

I am scheduled to attend a climbing camp next weekend hosted by Axel Merckx. I expect I will see his EXM before we start, and after we finish.
I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow. Frame rode great and the new Zipp crankset(vuma quad) is an outstanding crank set. Oh the Record Red shifters are really really nice and the shifts were oh so fast.

1centaur
05-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll be interested to see if you get that sense of monocoqueness that I do from the AXM (55 miles on that frame today with fresh legs - just a joy).

hokoman
05-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow. Frame rode great and the new Zipp crankset(vuma quad) is an outstanding crank set. Oh the Record Red shifters are really really nice and the shifts were oh so fast.

Did you mean SRAM red?

Jack Brunk
05-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Did you mean SRAM red?
Nope. The Jerkman got me a set of the Campy Red brifters and their pretty sweet.

Elefantino
05-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Did I win something? I had Jack in the pool as the first person on the board to get Record Red!

Jack Brunk
05-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Did I win something? I had Jack in the pool as the first person on the board to get Record Red!
Elefantman,

I didn't ask for it. Mr. Jerk offered it and of course I couldn't refuse the great deal he gave me.

musgravecycles
05-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Nope. The Jerkman got me a set of the Campy Red brifters and their pretty sweet.

Are the Record Red's the same springs as the older (2001/2ish) Record springs?

DarrenCT
05-11-2008, 05:12 AM
jerk sells some cool stuff

enjoy jB

shanerpvt
05-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I put the Campa red on the new Kirk. I didn't' need it, but thought the bike deserved it. Coming from Centaur, it is alot nicer.