PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a sample team sponsorship proposal?

wrestlr
05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I am trying to put together a sponsorship proposal for my team. Trying to get a head start and secure some big names for next year. I know it is early but I would like to be proactive and secure the future of the team. Anyone have any sample documents from their team or any pointers for me? Trying to accumulate as much information as possible to try and have the best representation for our team. Thanks.
-Mike

swoop
05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
do you have a charter of sorts? are you relating the team to a non profit or charity (hint hint: its easier to get gear support if your team has a social cause rather than just bike racing). the more community value you give the more you can bring to the table when approaching sponsors as your job is to identify new ways to being value to the sponsors rather than to just get gear for riding around in circles.

do you have a budget?

hope these questions help... running a team is a pretty good sized job and at times a total pain.

92degrees
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
where are you? if you aren't local to me (at all) i would send you one.

T.J.
05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
*the more community value you give the more you can bring to the table when approaching sponsors *

+1

im my years dealing with sponosrships something that has always amazed me ( and i heard this from several manufacturer reps) is the number of people who recieve a sponsorship and the manufacturer never hears from them again until its time to re-up. i always tried to give our sponsors quarterly updates /results/community service . nothing overwhelming, just a brief summary with maybe a podium pic or two. if updates arent given as far as they know you are gettin the gear and hawking it on ebay.

stevep
05-09-2008, 04:24 PM
use a lot of color copies.
show as much media as you can garner,
do not hand it out at the trade show*.

budget decisions are made early. *trade shows are for selling, not giving away.

approach secondary brands but products important... food, etc.

if you see the number of team proposals that a company like mavic gets at a trade show you would understand, i will bet not one gets read ever. there can be 500 of them. 4' high pile.

and trade wise... vet stuff, cat 3s, mt bike teams... chances are slim to none. this kind of money dries up early. best chance would be to hook onto a major retailer and somehow garner some of his coop money into the team.

wrestlr
05-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the comments so far. Steve I am in GA so not local. Shoot me a pm please.
-Mike

Ligero
05-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the comments so far. Steve I am in GA so not local. Shoot me a pm please.
-Mike

Where in Ga? I may be able to do something if you are fairly close to me, I am in Chattanooga.