PDA

View Full Version : King hubs and Campy 10 - can it work?

Clydesdale
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Anyone riding King + Campy. I used to do it on the 9 stuff with no problem. Will it work with 10?

Anyone try the IRD cassette or others that are compatible?

Thanks

J.Greene
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Anyone riding King + Campy. I used to do it on the 9 stuff with no problem. Will it work with 10?

Anyone try the IRD cassette or others that are compatible?

Thanks

Campy 10 with a 9sp cassette works well enough. The jtek shiftmate works well too if you want to use 10 cogs. I've never used a IRD cassette but have used the American Classic and was less than satisfied.

JG

Ahneida Ride
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
I believe that IRD just sticks an 11 cog on the end of a 9 speed. :confused:

Look carefully at the IRD gear ratios to ensure that they are all useful.

This is why I went with White Ind. Neither King or Phil are Campy compatible. You may want to consider the Whites. Their Mtn. Bike
hubs are mighty strong.

93LegendTG
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Here is an interesting option:
http://www.velonews.com/article/73404/can-you-run-campy-shifters-with-a-sram-drivetrain-sure-why

scottie
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey there,

I have a baum ristretto with full record, but Shimano hubs, the conversion cassette work a treat, as long as you maintain your bike well the gears shift amazingly and I'm considering never changing this as the conversion cassettes are cheap as compared to the record originals.

And yes, I was running CK hubs with this bike to start with and the gear changes were fine!!!!

Cheers,

Scottie.

abqhudson
05-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Maybe by the end of the year you will see a Campy compatible King. Remember, you saw it here first. Then again, maybe it's just wishful thinking.

spiderman
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
...buying some nice pink king hubs
for my wife's bike
and running campy 10
but talked myself out of it...
...seemed like way too much pink
and a big stink
if it wasn't compatible...
...i thinkmo...

Ángel García
08-20-2008, 12:36 PM
which chain do you use, campy or shimano?