PDA

View Full Version : Embrocation and Sunscreen?

tys
05-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I was thinking of trying that "Belgian knee warmer" stuff on some upcoming rides that start in the cold crack o' dawn, but since I'll also be out in the sun all day, I need sunscreen too. How does that work? Sunscreen first? Embrocation first? Mix 'em together? Or does that stuff have sunscreen in it already?
Thanks,
tys

Too Tall
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I was thinking of trying that "Belgian knee warmer" stuff on some upcoming rides that start in the cold crack o' dawn, but since I'll also be out in the sun all day, I need sunscreen too. How does that work? Sunscreen first? Embrocation first? Mix 'em together? Or does that stuff have sunscreen in it already?
Thanks,
tys
I'd be leary mixing them.
Best bet, use spray on sunscreen let it dry than the embrocation.

Legs right? You know this goes on legs :cool:

taylorj
05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't get the embrocation cream on your bike shorts. The active ingredients tend to eat away at lycra. Regular knee warmers that you can remove when it warms up might be the ticket.

saab2000
05-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Put on actual leg warmers. That's what real riders use when it's cold. Then when it warms up take them off. On cooler days you may find that they never come off because guess what? Being warm is sometimes better than looking cool with shiny legs!

tys
05-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Put on actual leg warmers. That's what real riders use when it's cold. Then when it warms up take them off. On cooler days you may find that they never come off because guess what? Being warm is sometimes better than looking cool with shiny legs!

What?! NOTHING is more important than looking cool! ;)
I use proper knee and leg warmers now. I just though I might try something different for grins. It seems like having stuff that gradually wears off as the day gradually gets warmer might be just the ticket. Plus, if I don't have to carry my leg warmers, I'll have room for a couple more Twinkies in the saddlebag :D Of course, you have to pick the right goop and hope the weather forecast is reasonably accurate. Kind of like choosing XC ski wax, I guess.

tys