PDA

View Full Version : Daily Affirmations with Acotts...Biking is Better than Dope

Acotts
05-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Took out the fixed for a 2.5 hour 5:30am ride in the rain. I almost didn't go, but I thought "That's just stinkin' thinkin!"

I even popped a tire and had to change my tube while it was pouring. But I maintained a good and positive attitude, got back on that horse and hammered away. I found a buddy for the last half hour and absolutly hoofed it home while eating the grit and spray from his back tire. My heart rate was up in zone 5 for about 25 straight minutes...and that's...okay.

Now I am sitting in slippers and cotton jammies after a long warm shower. I emailed the boss and let him know that I wont be in until noon. I think I'll cook up some eggs and finish the second half of "Into The Wild".

I am a worthy human being.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I hope you all have a nice wet ride and great dry day.

Too Tall
05-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Cycling in the rain because you can. Priceless.

J.Greene
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Have your Boss call my Boss.

JG

Acotts
05-08-2008, 09:25 AM
First, I want you to look in that mirror, and I want you to repeat after me: "I am a worthy human being."

"I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with. "

Now, go tell your boss that you are taking the morning off to rest you legs and your self esteem.

I believe in you!

J.Greene
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
That's funny.

JG

First, I want you to look in that mirror, and I want you to repeat after me: "I am a worthy human being."

"I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with. "

Now, go tell your boss that you are taking the morning off to rest you legs and your self esteem.

I believe in you!