PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong TdF Bonus Withheld

keno
09-24-2004, 12:09 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3033358

Ozz
09-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Some nerve, disputing a contract because of an work of fiction!

"We've requested (drug) test results to disprove the allegations - clean test results that should be easily attainable," Compton said Thursday. "We're not planning on releasing them to the media or doing anything other than verifying that they exist."

So, they get the drug test and still don't pay. I guess we would all know the results without them releasing results to media...What a bunch of weasels!

The official result is that LANCE WON!! Now pay up! Until Armstrong is stripped of his results by the race officials, he is the winner, regardless of what a private drug test might prove.

On another note, I was thinking about the new drug test used on Hamilton and the impact this might have on Armstrong next year, since those forum members "in the know" seem to think all top racers are doping.

If Lance is doping, and this new test can detect that which was undetectable in the past, does Lance race the TdF next year?

He has a new sponsor that is counting on him racing so they get their payoff
If he bloodwork doesn't make the grade, all previous results will be suspect...
If he retires now, he won't be subjected to new testing...

Should be very interesting....

BTW - I am in the camp that believes Lance is clean. I can't see how anyone that has gone thru what he has with cancer, would further endanger their health. I can't wait to see him race next year and say "yeah, test me all you want cuz I'm clean".

gasman
09-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Someone posted this earlier and again I say it is just an insurance company trying to get out paying a claim. The UCI validated his win in the TdF and that is all that is really needed. He was also tested with the same test Tyler recieved to detect a homolgous transfusion. Lance may not need the transfusions since he uses a hypoxic tent to increse his hematocrit legally. Which,BTW, is the same as sleeping at 6-9,000 feet depending on how you adjust the air mixture.

BumbleBeeDave
09-24-2004, 12:54 PM
. . . always been hsi position, as far as I can tell--"Test me all you want--you bastards!"

This insurance thing is nothing more than yet another insurance company trying to get out of paying on a policy they legitimately sold. I also think Lance is clean for exactly the reasons you do.

BBDave

Dekonick
09-24-2004, 09:08 PM
I honestly believe Lance was a user - I also can believe he is clean now (but I wonder...however I dont care either way - it is still amazing!!!)

Gasman - are you an anethesiologist? I am guessing by the name you are.

I remember reading somewhere that testicular cancer has a positive correlation with doping...but I cant confirm this. - but again correlation does not equal causation...if I remember stats 101 correctly...

Honestly, Lance has been so tested that if he were using, I believe he would be caught. Before, I doubt he didnt do some doping of some sort...but it is purely my guess...

Kevin
09-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Dekonick,

Gasman claims to be an anethesiologist, but I think he really works for Bush's Baked Beans.

Kevin

gasman
09-25-2004, 07:57 PM
are both right. I am an anesthesiologist, I sit on soft stools and pass gas. Oh did I say that out loud, Dang. I love my job, I love to ride and I love good black beans-but those riding behind me don't :eek: :eek: :eek:

My 12 yr old son is the one who loves Bush's Baked Beans, a real chip off the old fart. :D :D

Carlo
09-25-2004, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Ozz]Some nerve, disputing a contract because of an work of fiction!
...If Lance is doping, and this new test can detect that which was undetectable in the past, does Lance race the TdF next year?

If he bloodwork doesn't make the grade, all previous results will be suspect...
If he retires now, he won't be subjected to new testing...

I do not think that there is any bar to the Td'F or US Cycling going back and subjecting old samples to the new test. As long as the samples are properly preserved and have not otherwise degraded they can be subjected to newly developed tests at any time. I hope these guys are clean because if not technology may well catch up with them. On the other hand, I'd love to see Armstrong vindicated by the new tests!

Regards,

Carlo

froze
09-25-2004, 11:38 PM
My understanding from former riders that had trained under Chris Carmichael, that Chris was heavily into doping his riders and Lance was in the program...BUT that was before Lance got the cancer. During background medical test on Lance for treatment for the cancer it supposely came to light that he was doping. The medical institute told Carmichael that the kind of doping he was practicing had a high cancer rate risk. Supposely due to Lance's cancer that Carmichael has since stopped the practice...BUT (there's that nasty but again) some of the old riders for Carmichael seem to think that Carmichael never stopped; but Lance swore off it. But this is all hear say, or disgrunted former riders mouthin off, so who knows what's true and what is not.