PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fun at work!

SoCalSteve
05-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi all,

Every once in a while I get to do something really fun, different, exotic at work.

Today is one of those days.

The movie I am working on has 2 actors going to a Rush concert and "rockin out". Just so happens that Rush is in town this week in concert (last night and tomorrow night) and today they are coming to a nightclub that the show rented and are performing on camera (with the actors and 300 extra's we brought in as audience). I am a huge Rush fan and it should be fun to get our own private concert.

A few years back, when "Sex in the City" came to Los Angeles, they filmed at the Playboy Mansion. I got to spend the day (and a long part of a night) hanging out at the "Mansion". I got to see the grotto, zoo, etc...

I am sure there have been maany other fun places-things I have done in my 28 years in the movie biz. These are just a couple that come to mind right now.

Steve

PS: The actors (SAG) broke off talks with the Producers...Not sure what it all means yet, but it could be bad (for my bike buying).

PSS: I start work back on Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles in a couple of weeks. We are scheduled to go into production on June 2nd (hopefully nothing will get in the way of this).

wtex
05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

A few years back, when "Sex in the City" came to Los Angeles, they filmed at the Playboy Mansion. I got to spend the day (and a long part of a night) hanging out at the "Mansion". I got to see the grotto, zoo, etc...

Steve:

I think I speak for most of the forum when I say, please elaborate on the "etc . . . "

SoCalSteve
05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Steve:

I think I speak for most of the forum when I say, please elaborate on the "etc . . . "

Some things I just cant speak about.

Thanks for the understanding from the forum.

Steve

Louis
05-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I got to see the ... zoo ...

How did it compare to MJ's zoo? Were you also invited for a sleepover?

Fess up.

Louis

SoCalSteve
05-07-2008, 04:27 PM
How did it compare to MJ's zoo? Were you also invited for a sleepover?

Fess up.

Louis

On the Solvang Century rides, a part of the ride is an out and back down a very long road...The turnaround spot is the driveway to Never-Land Ranch...Thats as clsoe as I've gotten to that "zoo".

Just sayin'

Steve

skyflash
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Are you allowed to speak of the movie with the Rush concert?

You're going to make me head all over the web looking for it!!

SoCalSteve
05-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Are you allowed to speak of the movie with the Rush concert?

You're going to make me head all over the web looking for it!!

Nah, its called "I Love You, Man" starring Paul Rudd and Jason Segel.

Paul Rudd's charachter is getting married and he doesnt really have any male friends (always just hung out with women) and he has to find a best man for the wedding...

So, its basically a movie about a guy going out looking for a best friend-best man...He runs into the Jason Segel characther and they bond over a whole bunch of stuff (Rush being one of them) and....

I wont say any more...that would ruin the rest of the movie for you.

Looks a bit stupid to me. I didnt write it or have anything creatively to do with it...So, dont blame me!

Steve

maunahaole
05-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Is Judd Apatow involved?

If so, can be expect more gratuitous penis in this movie as well?

dave thompson
05-07-2008, 04:58 PM
A Rush concert? I didn't know Limbaugh could sing!

maunahaole
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
A Rush concert? I didn't know Limbaugh could sing!

Excessive consumption of opiates makes just about anyone a rock star.

SoCalSteve
05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Is Judd Apatow involved?

If so, can be expect more gratuitous penis in this movie as well?

No and No

Skrawny
05-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I got to examine the groin of a 685 lb man today at work.

Thats fun . . . isn't it?

-s

maunahaole
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM

Thats fun . . . isn't it?

-s

That sounds like a whole bunch of cheesy goodness. :crap:

Climb01742
05-08-2008, 05:05 AM

ah, how did you find it? somehow, spelunking comes to mind. actually, forget i asked.

Bud_E
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
The "wrestling" scene in the Borat movie comes to mind.