PDA

View Full Version : Another EXCELLENT blood doping explanatory story

BumbleBeeDave
09-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Found this story on the BICYCLING magazine web site. While it is not usually my favorite cycling magazine because of too-short and dumbed-down stories, this particular story strikes me as excellent, complete, and even-handed. It explains the testing and also goes into detail about some of the innocent reasons why Tyler may have failed the test.

If you have any interest at all in this case it will be very interesting.

BBDave

http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253,s1-10301,00.html?category_id=367

Tom Byrnes
09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Dave.
:o :o :o

va rider
09-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Two different tests, both showing blood transfusion. Absent some bizarre blood condition, it is quite tough to believe Tyler was not doping. I hope not, but the evidence seems strong to the contrary.

Dr. Michael Ashenden of the Science and Industry Against Blood Doping consortium which helped create the test, told me that the IOC finding didn't mitigate the accusations. "The IOC and UCI are completely different tests," he said. "The facts speak for themselves. On August 19, experts agreed that his A sample [from the Olympics] showed signs of transfusion."

Big Dan
09-24-2004, 12:43 PM
I agree, now if people would stop spinning the news...maybe we could get to the bottom of this.. :help: